Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

fuel

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 11:03 AM
Stuck-N-Da-Mud
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel

DOES ANYONE NO OF A ONLINE STORE TO PURACHE FUEL LOOKING FOR COOL POWER 15%. HAVE A FEW HOBBY STORES IN MY AREA. ONLY ONE CARRIES FUEL BUT THERE HIGH$$$!!! WAS ANOTHER CUSTOMER IN STORE SIAD I COULD BY ITON LINE CHEAPER .BUT I LOST THE SITE HE WROTE DOWN FOR ME THANKS FOR ANY HELP IN ADVANCED
Old 01-31-2004, 03:05 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Default RE: fuel

Its hared to get fuel online cheaper than in the store... something about a $15 minimum hazmat shipping surcharge.

Sure.. the price at the online sales site SAYS its cheaper... then you pay the shipping and you ended up paying MORE.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Stuck-N-Da-Mud

THAKS FOR YOUR HELP.YEA I FOUND AFTER SOME CHECKING OUT , THAT ALOT OF STORE'S DON.T EVEN SELL FUEL (DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH THE HAZMAT LICENSE END OF IT.) AND YOUR CORRECT IF THEY HAVE IT AND AND WILL SHIP IT YOUR GONNA PAY HIGH SHIPPING. SO ILL STICK WITH LHS.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:33 PM
FHHuber
Banned

There is another option... if you fly a lot.

VP Fuels (Drag racing automotive fuel... Top fuel dragsters and such) will mix custom blend fuel for you in a minimum of a 15 gallon batch. The methanol, Nitro and oil will be on hand at thier outlet. Powermaster has the ratios on thier website.

The racing fuel components come to thier distrib center on one of THIER trucks... and they just have one flat hazmat surcharge spread over several THOUSAND gallons.

The racing fuel components are at least as good quality as what is in any model fuel on the market.

You have to find thier center and pick it up... (costs too much to have them deliver it... )

Got some buddies that want fuel... if 5 guys get 3 gallons each... its not a bad way to go.
(save your jugs if doing this... you want to tap the drum ONCE and fill the jugs to minimize exposure of the fuel to air.)
Old 02-01-2004, 08:39 AM
Stuck-N-Da-Mud

THANKS FHHUBER, GOING TO CHECK THIS OUT AND WHAT IT COMES OUT TO$$$ AGAIN THANKS