Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Hardware Suggestions for a new guy?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Hardware Suggestions for a new guy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Lupus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardware Suggestions for a new guy?

Last year at the Toledo show I bought myself a Heli as the first step of moving on from flying "planks" for 5 years or so.

I bought a Quick Learner 46 and now for Xmas I recieved a Futaba 9CHP.

I have since begun building the heli which is going well. But there are a few pieces of hardware I have yet to pick up. I have trolled the local club for answers and figured I would troll here as well.

I sill need to buy the engine, I am looking at the Thunder Tiger .46 Pro Heli engine, but am having problems finding it. Have they stopped making it?

Any other engine reccomendations?

Also, I am using the Coreless (9001?) servos that came with the radio, with the exception of the throttle which I used a Standard (3001?). I need to get a Gyro, I'd like something inexpensive that I will not quickly outgrow.

Is it worth the money to invest in a digital tail rotor server?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-02-2004, 01:04 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hardware Suggestions for a new guy?

Sounds like you've got some good kit there!

As for engine try looking at the OS 50. O.S. is always a good bet.

Depending on how much you want to spend on the gyro, try looking at the Futaba GY401. It has most of the features you will ever need and is not too expensive. You can buy it packaged with the 9253 digital servo. You don't really need this to start with (In fact I would probably suggest don't use it at first) but you can get a good deal on the package.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hardware Suggestions for a new guy?

Yea! I would look at the OS 50 or the TT 50, they should work fine if your heli is set up right. As for the gyro, if want something cheap but good, I would look at the CSM (HLG200), it's a heading hold gyro and you shouldn't out grow it any time soon. You will want a better one down the road, but for now, it should work fine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73223.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	96736