Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

which one you think is better

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

which one you think is better

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 06:08 PM
DNA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which one you think is better

Which one would you choose and why?

the century hawk sport or raven compared with the kyosho caliber 30 is better.

I can't decide which one is better and also I'm a beginner which is serious in getting into this hobby.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:04 PM
wisdom-seeker

Default RE: which one you think is better

Since I have a Raven 30, I'm predjudiced. The Raven is an eCCPM machine which requires a radio that can do 120 degree eCCPM, but I find that it is quite nimble, and somewhat forgiving to the beginner.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:58 PM
R Rocks

Well I have flown the Hawk and the Caliber, the hawk was very lite and fast with a TT 39, the Caliber had a OS 32 with a tunned pipe. The two helis are very nice could pull loops and rolls with each no problem. The caliber was much quieter and very smooth. Now keep in mind type of blades, tracking, set up etc, and the cost. My first heli was a Venture this helicopter had it all. long boom conversion. CF blades the list go's on. I got a real good deal on a Caliber two weeks ago so I bought it, was going to get the Raptor 50 V2, Thinking about up grading the Caliber to a 50, Will keep ya all posted. ps if you check out the caliber on this forum you will see it's not with out it's problems.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:00 PM
FHHuber
Banned

I can't compare with the Raven... never seen one.

The Century Hawk is a fine first heli. Sturdy, responsive, easy to set up.

The Hawk has a slightly different linkage system from the other heli's I have seen. I'm not sure how to explain the diffference... its a system that will inherantly give more cyclic authority than the standard Raptor 30's linkage.

The only flaw I have found... the standard, glass filled nylon, cooling fan is a bit fragile, and easilly broken if you hold it wrong while tightening the nut to hold the clutch and fan on the engine. The replacement stock fan is about $5.75. An upgrade, CNC aluminum, fan (which would give better cooling in addition to being stronger) is about $40.