Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Realflight G2 and impala trainer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Realflight G2 and impala trainer

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 01:18 AM
Mikey G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realflight G2 and impala trainer

Got my copy of Realflight yesterday and the first copter i picked up was the impala trainer. now after playing about for a few minutes i decided to quickly explore the others before getting into some seruios training i chose the normal impala without the training gear on and actually found it easier to fly! is this normal? same goes with the other copters on, they all seemed much easier to control than the trainer! i'm not brave enough to remove my training gear off my Raptor 30 yet but will i see similair results in real time flying?

And while i'm at it, is there a Raptor available on Realflight?

Cheers
Old 02-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Hotshot Charlie

Default RE: Realflight G2 and impala trainer

I just started hovering my Raptor 30. I have run 4 tanks thru it and by the 4th tank, I was hovering in one place and then moving it around where I wanted it to go. The real thing is easier to hover, BUT the nerve factor comes into play a heck of a lot more.

On the RF G2, the trainer is harder to fly. I moved to the regular Impala and that is what I flew until I downloaded a Raptor from the RF web site (free download). Just go to RF and look up on the left of the screen for a download link, then go to page 8 (I think) and you will see the Raptor10. Download it and fly that baby. It is a little tougher to fly than the Impala, but very simular. That is about all I am flying now, except when I want to try something different.

I will keep flying the G2 everyday, but will definitely fly my raptor more as weather permits. It was too cool yesterday, rain today and wx man says very cold thru the weekend, so looks like no "real thing" for a few days. [&o]

Good luck and have fun !
Old 02-05-2004, 01:58 PM
polyhedron_12

Probably the reason that it was easy to fly the non-training gear version is because it responds better to the elevators. I think FLYING is easier without the training gear, you have more control, but LANDING is harder without training gear. I think you should fly without the training gear on the sim. But in RL fly with the training gear until you can land the thing with ease, it will save you $$$.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Hotshot Charlie

I totally agree with polyhedron_12, definitely use training gears in real life. I feel I could take mine off even after hovering 4 tanks, but I know better. It is cheaper to fly longer on the training gear than it is to buy and replace parts.

On the RF G2, I agree also, go without the training gear. Make your practice count. Someone suggested putting a jar on top your your computer and everytime you crash, throw a dollar in the jar. This will make you think about doing stupid stuff, it will also make you practice more intently. I thought it was a good idea.