Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Attaching a remote glow extension

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Attaching a remote glow extension

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Micky B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attaching a remote glow extension

I no this may seem a silly Q, but how do i attach a TT3803 glow extension to my heli. I've had no prob attaching it to an engine mount bolt on the side of the heli, but im not sure how the clip on the end of the wire should attach to the glow plug. I'd be grateful of any help
Old 02-07-2004, 03:19 PM
HeliKing

Default RE: Attaching a remote glow extension

No such a silly question...

You can install (bolted the bracket of ) the ' dummy glow head on the remote glow adapter ' to a hole on a frame above the mufler (for raptor 30), don't forget to prepare a grounding connection between the bolt to the engine (I did this by connecting a wire from one of the nearest engine mounting bolt to the bolt on the 'dummy glow plug' bracket). Without this grounding connection, the remote glow adapter will not work.
Now for the other end of the remote glow adapter, just clip it to your glow plug on the engine.

It is a good idea to test the grounding connection by attaching a spare glow plug to the clip, than install your glow plug starter to the 'dummy' glow head while touching spare glow plug to the engine. You should see a glowing glow plug.

Hope this help
Old 02-08-2004, 01:46 PM
flap

If its like mine, hold the boot that goes over the glow plug and gently pull the wire, look inside the boot and youll see the spring retract and leave a hole to recieve the glow plug tip.
When you release the wire, the spring will close the connector around the tip and lock it in place.
Hope I understood the question?
Old 02-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Micky B

Thanks very much people