Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

After flight

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 06:28 PM
dlaque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After flight

OK it flys!!!! Now what should i do as an after flight procedure?????

I drained the fuel, cleaned the heli and checked all the bolts,what do i do for the motor?????

Thanks in advance.

David
Old 02-07-2004, 07:12 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: After flight

Sounds like you have got a good idea already.

A clean heli is easier to see when something has gone wrong. Nuts and bolts vibrate loose. You have these two covered already.

How long are you going between flights? If you want the ideal solution for the engine, you are best stopping the fuel supply to stop the engine (put the throttle at idle and pinch the fuel line to the carb to stop the engine). If it's more than a few days before you fly again you could try putting a couple of drops of after run oil in the engine and turning it over a couple of times.

If you fly fairly regularly you probably will get away without doing either of these steps.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:34 PM
grittykitty

Hello again, dlaque

That's off to a good start as far as regular flying. Just keeping it clean, so you can see everything, is the best habit to get into.
If the engine is not going to be run for an extended period of time (winter storage), you should pull it from the bird and store it with the crankshaft horizontal, or hang the bird from it's nose. With the engine on it's "back" inside the heli, there is no oil staying on the front bearings.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:31 AM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Its a good idea to get a spray bottle with alcohol to wash off the fuel. If the fuel is allowed to stay on servo and antenna wires, the plastic insulation gets hard and cracks after a few months.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:55 AM
FHHuber
Banned

I pull the fuel line from the engine, and from the muffler, and use a short tube to connect them to each other... seals the fuel tank so it can't accumulate moisture (and makes it much harder to dribble fuel all over the place)