Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Setup of Ergo 46

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 12:25 AM
quad
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setup of Ergo 46

I just bought a used JR ERGO 46 heli along with a box full of spare rotor blades and other parts. This is my first heli so I don't know too much about them other than I use to fly real helis. I did get the assembly book but it doesn't have very much information about how to set it up for beginning flight or learning to hover. Where can I find information about what pitch to set the rotor blades and information about how the trail rotor should be setup (ie: starting pitch at idle and maximum pitch) I did buy a basic helicopter book but I need ERGO specific information.

It has carbon figer tail and tail boom stabilizers on it. These stabilizers have slots cut in them. I believe this bird is setup for 3D but I don't know how to tell. The guy I bought it from hasn't been much help.

Thanks in advance for your help can
Old 02-15-2004, 06:09 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Setup of Ergo 46

The Ergo 46 has a standard set up (not ccpm). Most collective pitch helis have the same basic setup. Your manual should tell you the length of your ball links and rods. You bought it used so it is probably already setup, but it is still a good idea to check everything. What do you have for a radio? Did you get a pitch gauge with it? If you didn't, you will have to buy one (you will need it). For a beginner, your pitch should be about -3 on the bottom +5 at half stick and +10 on the top (for normal mode). You won't have to worry about idle up right now. The best thing you can do, is find someone that knows about helis to have a look at it and make sure everything is setup right, it will save you alot of time and money. Even if you have to drive for 3 hours, it's well worth it. There is nothing harder to do, then trying to fly a heli that is not setup right.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:31 PM
quad
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Setup of Ergo 46

Thanks Charlie. The information is very helpful. I did measure each control link and verified they are as specified. I am planning to use a Futaba XAs in heli mode to start with. I will probably buy a 9C some time this summer. The servos are futaba 9202 on everything plus I will install a FMA co pilot and a futaba 401 gyro before I even start it. I do plan to find someone locally to check it over and make the first flight. I have been flying my Dave Brown simulator and am able to hover nose in, nose out, from either side and I can hover over to a point land and hover back to the starting point. This isn't the real thing but it sure can't hurt.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks