Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Replacing skid on heli

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Replacing skid on heli

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 10:16 PM
duffie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing skid on heli

I have Dragonfly heli. The front of the skid is broken where the front rod goes into it. I've ordered replacement skid sets. How do I get the back rod out of the skid so I can replace it without having to replace the rods also? Any help will be appreciated. Also, do I glue the new ones back in or just push them in and let it go at that? Thanks.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:38 AM
Super-Hornet

Default RE: Replacing skid on heli

Hi

I don't think u can just remove it like that. My Dragonfly is ARTF (Almost Ready to Fly) package and recently I notice that all suppose to be able to detach, the super-glue it at the manufacturing stage.

Tail Boom is glued both end, Flybar paddles bar is glued to outer ring...and so on.

Maybe u can try super-glue remover to see whether it works or not.

Super-Hornet
Old 02-20-2004, 04:30 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Replacing skid on heli

How do I get the back rod out of the skid so I can replace it without having to replace the rods also?
Just heat the rod with a soldering gun. Just put the end of the soldering gun tip on the rod about 1 inch away from the skid and leave it there for about 3 or 4 minutes and it should slid right out (mine did). Mine was the Hummingbird, but they are pretty much the same heli.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81586.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	103024