Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

To all who followed my last thread from Moe3754

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

To all who followed my last thread from Moe3754

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all who followed my last thread from Moe3754

I wanted to let all who followed my last thread that I did not give up on learning to fly Heli's,I have purchased a Flight Sim called AeroFly Professional,I got this one because it has the Ikarus Eco 8 in it one that I some day want to own and fly also I have PiccoFly sim because I found a reputable dealer to buy a Heli from and I have a Fun Piccolo RTF and should have it by Monday.I purchased this one because it is a Ikarus and they are built in Germany,and it is has upgrades such as a anti rotation bar and a full bearing set already installed in it by the seller where I am getting it from,also it will have been tested and balanced and trimmed for me before I get it,it cost me a pretty penny but should be well worth it,it has to be much better than my last ordeal.
Will keep you all posted on how I am doing with it and how fast I learn,will not even try to fly it until I have mastered the sim though.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:41 PM
dlaque

Default RE: To all who followed my last thread from Moe3754

I didnt read the post you are refering too but welcome back!!!

I started on the Eco Piccolo Fixed pitch, it was a great flying micro
but it took along time to learn!!!! The heli is very fast, very touchy to
control inputs!!! Go here http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/ubbth...p?action=intro
they are some of the best people i have ever met (online that is) and have
all the info you could ever need !!!

After mastering the Piccolo (well sort of) i purchased an eco 8, if you eventually get one dont bother with
the stock brushed motors go right to a brushless setup with 10 cell NIMH packs, it will cost way less in the end!!!
My eco flew beautifully, i am now flying a Raptor 30v2 and love this hobby!!!

Good luck to you and happy hovering.

Oh and the four most important upgrades to your Pic fun are:
1. Bearings(full)
2. Anti rotation arm
3. Aluminum hub with bearings (stock plastic on breaks way too easy)
4. Main shaft locking collar

David
Old 02-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Dlaque thank you for the input and the help I would love to have a Eco 8 but I don't think that I could build it I have seen the kit and the manual that comes with it,I would like to find one already built and see if they would trade for a Nitro Monster Truck since I have two of them.As for the Piccolo I will not try to fly it until I am able to master the sim and fly with no problem there.Again thank you for the input it is greatly appreciated for sure.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:44 PM
ChopperMike

The Eco 8 isn't hard to build. Anyone who can put an R/C car together can build the Eco 8.

One thing I'll mention, you need a heli radio capable of CCPM unless you set it up with mechanical mixing.

Regards,

Mike