Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Just a few questions...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Just a few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 02:18 AM
RHYNO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a few questions...

Well it's finally happened, after 15 or so years of flying planks, I've decided to bite the bullet and come across to the dark side and have a go at these fling wings.

I do however have some questions...

I'm looking at buying a Hirobo Shuttle Sceadu Evolution (part no 0403-927). Can someone please tell me what the difference between an HPM kit and an SWM kit is? and is a heading lock gyro the same as a tail lock gyro and a heading hold gyro? and what size servo's do you recommend flying with this bird? it's the 50 size engine.

I appreciate that these questions may have been asked before, so if they have I apologise.

Thank you.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:33 AM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Just a few questions...

Welcome to the fun side!

Heading hold and tail lock are the same thing. The most popular gyro by far is the Futaba GY 401. it is a fantastic gyro that works very well even with standard servos even in reverse flight. HPM is mechanical mixing of single servos for each function. SWM is electronic mixing of 3 servos more or less directly conected to the swashplate. the rest of the world calls it mechanical or normal mixing and CCPM or eCCPM (marketing ) usually the CCPM ends up a littel lighter, but i can not confirm that is the case for the Sceadu. i am curently building a sceadu with mechanical mixing. I'm using Hitech 625 MG, but you can use standards to start with.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Hotshot Charlie

Welcome RHYNO,

I also started flying Planks many years ago and converted to heli's. I now have 13 flights on my Raptor 30, I can confirm that the heli hobby is totally addicting. Watch Out !!! You will be skipping work, taking off early, etc. in order to get in an extra flight or two !!

Have fun and stay safe.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:55 PM
3littlefonzies

Hey charlie, you forgot neglecting the wife and kids

chris
Old 02-27-2004, 05:03 PM
Hotshot Charlie

hehehe Oh yeah..... I had a wife and kids before I started playing with heli's !!! hehehee Just kidding, I think they still live here!
Old 02-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

LOL!