Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Hawk Sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 11:03 AM
HelicopterDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawk Sport

I am a newbie and want to buy a Hawk Sport with the new 7 channel PCM radio from futaba w/ the 401 gyro and digital servo. Is this a good setup?
Old 02-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hawk Sport

If it is not a pacakge deal already, you can save almost 100$ by using standard servo instead of the digital. That 401 works great with any servo.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:31 PM
syclic

Ditto on the flight similators.

As for heli - The Hawk Sport is inexpensive yet very user friendly, easy to build, dependable and very flight capable. It's low price leaves you more money to spend on the more important radio gear/gyro and/or engine. Check out these reviews:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...fm?kit_id=2396

Of note is that most any heli available today will be able to get you trained and into aerobatics, some for less money then others, or less maintenance then others or both. etc.

Be sure to get a radio with at least a 5 point throttle pitch curve and preferably 7 channels or you will quickly outgrow it.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:40 PM
HelicopterDave

Thanks guys