Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

JR GYRO vs. FUTABA GY401 GYRO

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

JR GYRO vs. FUTABA GY401 GYRO

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 06:59 PM
checo78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR GYRO vs. FUTABA GY401 GYRO

Hi guys, anyone can help me decide between futaba GY401, GY502 and JR Tail lock G500T GYRO!! thanks!

I really want to have absolute control over my heli! thanks for all your help! the prices are as follows:

GY401: $190
GY502 used: $210
JR G500T $140

THANKS!
Old 04-28-2004, 07:46 PM
NZ-Kiwi flyer

Default RE: JR GYRO vs. FUTABA GY401 GYRO

I have a GY401 and love it. Never had a problem and where I fly, boy does it blow hard!! Tail never twitches or moves even when side on to the wind and the heli is tilting right over just to stay in a hover! Cant compare it to the other two but I highly recommend it.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:24 PM
eracer_21

Buy the GY401 and get the one that comes with the servo. I have it and love it. I had a G460T one time and hated it. Get it tight enough to hold and it hunts. Stop the hunting and it stops holding.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:16 PM
crazydave
My Feedback: (3)

I fly both. On one heli i have JR 500t (raptor 30) with an 810g tail servo. On the other heli (evo 50) i have the new 401, 9254 combo.
I'm kinda new to helis but this is what I found:

They hold about the same in my opinion I fly non agressively, but both hold well in heavy winds and backwards flight.

I think the JR wanders less with only 65% gain it still holds solid

The JR does not like Mechanical trim, everytime you fly you have to readjust the rudder trim, with dig trims its fine.

The Futaba is nice because of the light that lets you know what its doing.

I really like both combos and on my next heli I would like to try the JR550 with the futaba 9254 servo.

Just my 2cents,
Dave