Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Shaking

Old 05-29-2004, 06:14 AM
puddler10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaking

What would cause it to start shaking after it is up in the air ? like you would get it in to a hover an have it there an then it would just start shaking
Old 05-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Shaking

There are different kinds of shaking that can occur. if it is just the tail, it can be the gyro gain is too high, the tail pushrod linkage or slider is loose, or the engine may be surging (do you see exahust surging when this happens?)

other types of shaking come from bent spindle or mast, RPM tool low, blades out of track or out of ballance...

My TT39 had a bad surging problem, if your engine is surging the fix is to run the idel needle richer or do the idle needle mod (grind the needle so it has a double taper tip that goes to more of a point)
Old 05-29-2004, 08:28 PM
puddler10

the hole aircraft shaks bad in fact it shook the gyro off. and it only happens when you try to go right or left with it the heilo that I have is a Rapter 30 v2
Old 05-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Spaceman Spiff

I would suspect worn dampers, slider, loose bearings.... might be a good time to check ball links, sliders, any part of the control from the servo gears to the blade grips.... anything that is loose can sit fine for a while then start to flap around like an old shopping cart wheel. Just grab the paddles and see if there is free play when you twist it lightly, it is OK if it flexes a bit, but should be relatively tight.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:45 AM
lortap1969

Do you have a tach for the main blades? I had a bit of a shaking problem until I decreased the pitch a bit at hover throttle. Low head speed = big shakes. I could imagine that turns (more loading) are causing a head speed that may be right at the edge to sink just enough to get into vibration.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:44 AM
flyfree69

i had the same problem with my 30 v2 and i was told to shorten all my rods on my training gear by 3 inchs and it stopped the shaking, if you have training gear on this might work.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Alansa50

I agree with Spaceman, loose linkages , worn dampers( rubber Grommets inside the main blade holders), also check the paddle blades , first that they are pointing the right way and secondly that the distances from the ends to the middle point of the main shaft are exactly the same. good luck