Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

GYRO

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 09:23 AM
francis74
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GYRO

WHAT KIND OF GYRO IS BEST FOR THE RUDDER? IS IT HIGH SPEED OR HIGH TORQUE?
THANKS FOR ANY INPUT............
Old 12-04-2004, 09:34 AM
armyrcer-RCU
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: GYRO

From a previous post seems you are using futaba equipment. I would suggest a 401 gyro wuth the 9254 servo. Do you have all the equipment to build and fly your heli.I responded to your last post about the hawk and pitch curves list everything you have for your heli. there are two hobbyshops there in your area to get help. Iwould suggest gwetting intouch with debbies rc world and again do you belong to any of the local clubs take care mike lansford
Old 12-04-2004, 10:19 AM
francis74
My Feedback: (16)

hey, thanks for the responses, i appreciate it. No i don't belong to any of the club. You mentioned you have hawk, did you use the hitec servo that came with it for rudder? I just ordered the 401 hopefully( without the servo, too much money) it will take away the misery i was having controlling the tail. Yeah i have been there and met a guy name joe spady, he was very helpful to me. Once again thanks for the suggestions..........
Old 12-04-2004, 10:41 AM
armyrcer-RCU

Well I do not use the hitec for rudder I used the 9254. I do have a friend that used the Hitecs all the way around and has had no problems,but he does not fly 3D and i do not either. The radio you have for the heli is it a 7cap or 7chp? The 401 gyro is a good gyro to have and is fairly east to set-up if you go by the gyro instructions and not the radio set-up. I saw in your previous post about you being new to the hobby. There are few clubs that fly helis around here that im aware of. When you get the gyro if you want you can come up here to fort eustis, and i will get with my friend who also has a hawk and we can make sure you are set-up right to learn to hover. I have pm'd you my phone number if you have any questions just give me a call. take care mike lansford
Old 12-04-2004, 09:13 PM
okw

If the 9254 is out of your price range at this time, get the fastest heli-rated servo you can afford and start saving for the 9254. It has a speed of .06 seconds, so the closer you can get to that the better. Torque is usually not an issue on the tail; just look for speed.

Keith
Old 12-04-2004, 09:55 PM
armyrcer-RCU

I was just looking at the century website and they put the Hitec 525BB High Speed Servo with their ready to fly package with the hawk. I have a friend with this set-up aand it does fine for hovering and little forward flight. I usually buy the gyro servo combo as it is a little cheaper. You might want to look at that servo for starting out then by the first of the year you might be able to get the 9254. take care mike lansford