Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Just got Corona 120; recomend to beginners

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Just got Corona 120; recomend to beginners

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Mr. RPM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got Corona 120; recomend to beginners

Hi, I'm new to heli's. I haven't really had much plane experience, but owned a intermediate foam park flyer. I just got a LMH Corona 120 electric heli and am very pleased with it. It's built tough, designed well and isn't super expensive. I've only put five batteries through it and can hover tail-in quite well. I've also never used a simulator, which would've helped me probably. I reccomend this model to those who want electric for there first and can't decide. I've heard that in a year or less you'll spend the same on small cheap micros like a hummingbird, as you would on the durable Corona. I'm luv'n it.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:56 PM
ChopperMike

Default RE: Just got Corona 120; recomend to beginners

It's certainly going to be easier to fly than a tiny micro and a helluva lot more durable. I had one and was very pleased with it. My current electric is a Shogun, which is considerable tougher than I thought it would be but not nearly as tough as the Corona. I would recommend it to someone wanting to get into electrics but a raw beginner.

It's true that micro's can be tough too (on the wallet). They're constantly going through motors and other bits. The Corona is one tough little ship. Much more stable in the wind too.

Mike
Old 12-10-2004, 02:06 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Just got Corona 120; recomend to beginners

So what motor and batteries do you guys use on your Coronas? Brushed or Brushless? NiCd, NiMH,or LiPo cells?

What's motor life like (if using a brushed motor)? Whats your runtime?