Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

RC-Direct.com - STAY AWAY!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

RC-Direct.com - STAY AWAY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 06:36 PM
marktur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC-Direct.com - STAY AWAY!!!

Hi all,
I just wanted to let you know that RC-Direct.com is another one of those companies out there that just doesn't care! They are accepting orders for things not in stock, and do not bother to notify you that they are out of stock. Do not believe what the website says.

I have been waiting for 2 weeks for a receiver I ordered....sent them 2 polite emails asking for tracking info, and did not get a single response. This was for my kid for a holiday present, so I really am starting to wonder if it will be here or if they lost my order, etc.

So I called them today, and was told that the item was on backorder, and they will "probably" ship it out late this week or early next week. The person I spoke to on the phone did not identify himself, was rude, so I ended up cancelling the order.

THEN I received an email from them. It said "ORDER CANCELLED, RC-DIRECT". So I emailed back, and told them they stink! So then, within MINUTES, I received a nasty email back. I then replied and asked for the owner's contact info, and they sent me a final email asking me not to call or email them anymore. [:@] Believe me, I won't - and I hope all the readers of this forum will not order from them either.

I will stick to the great people at http://www.heli-hobby.com - as I always receive my goods within days of the order. They are the best!

Happy holidays to all,
Mark
Old 12-13-2004, 09:22 PM
marcelg

Default RE: RC-Direct.com - STAY AWAY!!!

Thanks for the info, now i know a place to avoid, but helihobby is not best the place to make orders, they send sometimes wrong items and the feedback is nearly zero.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:34 PM
okw

Thanks for the heads-up, Mark. Sorry to hear about the bad luck.

Good luck and Happy Holidays!
Keith
Old 12-14-2004, 07:46 AM
NYHOB

Thanks for the info. Try www.hobbyjapan2000.com, they are good too
Old 12-14-2004, 10:59 AM
bswole

It's always good to be able to find out about companies like this ahead of time.

Thanks for the review.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:48 AM
WhtBronco

That is precisely why I primarily stick with my LHS. I have using them for 16 years. I pay equal to or up to 10% more to buy from them over mail order, but the customer service is top notch. If I have a problem they just fix it with no argument. Besides from them I can look at and touch stuff before I buy it. I do my best not to buy products I cannot hold in my hand first. Been burned to many times. I either get the wrong part, damaged part, missing parts or it takes forever. When was the last time the online store owner spent 2-3 hours helping you setup or repair a model. This is a common practice at my LHS. Find a LHS and you will likely be satisfied. I will say that until they get to know the staff at the LHS you may a bit more, but after a while they will usually drop their prices to match mail order anyway.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Gear-Head
My Feedback: (2)

Just in case you want to persue this further here is the registered owner of the site...

LaPorte Holdings, Inc.
ATTN: heli-hobby.com
c/o Nameking, Inc.
2202 S. Figueroa St.
Suite 721
Los Angeles, CA 90023
Old 12-16-2004, 07:40 PM
EPHELI

mark, i politely answered your emails as quickly as possible, stating our position here at rc-direct.com. i am very dissapointed that you did not get what you wanted, also i apologized for any inconviences. as it is only me here to receive, lable , package, answer emails, and finally send the product off. i am sorry that you did not get a speedy response(it gets pretty busy during these times:ie. holidays).and you do have a right to your opinion, however in my opinion i have tried my best with a customer with a very negative demenor(i am writing this as i am looking at the BOLD RED lettering above my reply sheet)it says:"Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)" thanks everyone for your time. i just figured we (rc-direct.com)needed to voice our opinion as well. have a great holiday weekend every one. regards, rc-direct.com ps: sorry for the extra long post !!
Old 12-17-2004, 09:18 AM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: NYHOB

Thanks for the info. Try www.hobbyjapan2000.com, they are good too
NYHOB,
I'm all for new e-hobby sites to flurish, but 95% of your posts are just links to your website. I don't think RCU is here for free advertising... More to help people new to the hobby with advice and answer questions.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:26 AM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Yep I had the same thing happend to me, I ordered a heli kit because their website said that is was IN stock, and turned out that it was not.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:34 PM
EPHELI

witch kit was out of stock may i ask??
Old 12-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Prophex

ORIGINAL: marcelg

Thanks for the info, now i know a place to avoid, but helihobby is not best the place to make orders, they send sometimes wrong items and the feedback is nearly zero.
I second that.
I ordered something and got the wrong thing.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:12 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Logo 10
Old 12-17-2004, 07:13 PM
EPHELI

i definately have them in stock. sorry that they where out of stock. (sometimes well get online orders so fast that if two people order the same thing while there is only one product in stock. we have to send to the first order but now we appear that our web site is off on the numbers . when in fact we JUST sent the last one out . we also dont want to say somthing is not in stock when it is. i little difficult to explain but thats what happens we are no longer the us distributor.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:26 PM
jklap

Nice radio there Furyflyer2--- do you actually have the new Futuba?
Old 12-23-2004, 11:09 AM
temp0

EPHELI:

Since you're not answering your phone or email, but seem to be replying here; what is the status of my order:

Order #: 3543

I haven't had a reply since my order 6 days ago. It was supposed to arrive yesterday. It is a christmas gift, and I did pay for faster shipping.

You have a chance to make your company sound good by making me happy. #3 on google for "RC Direct" is "RC-Direct.com - STAY AWAY!!!" and i'm sure they'll be reading your gracious reply as to how you're going to get this here before christmas for me.

Happy Holidays!
-JT
Old 12-23-2004, 12:32 PM
EPHELI

what are you using to contact us ( i think that may be the problem) [email protected], [email protected] or call 1-888-291-2111 i will need some personal info on you to look it up
(and by the way it is christmas time and i am the only one answering the phone ie.. its very busy for one person. but throw an email(i will look it up asap!) to me at [email protected] or talk to me personally. have a great holiday weekend everybody!!!
Old 12-23-2004, 12:48 PM
temp0

THANKS!!!!! RC-DIRECT IS A GOOD COMPANY! My package arrived, eveyrhting was great. I probably called too early anyway. (on east coast)

only 1 suggestion, send the ups tracking info as soon as it's sent. I was scared about nothing.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:00 PM
EPHELI

hey man, not a problem glad to hear everithing arrived ok! you have a great holiday weekend j. rc-direct.com
Old 12-27-2004, 05:33 AM
MagnusD

Hi i am from sweden and a newbie i did buy my honeybee at rc-direct and i didn´t suffer no problems,i got my heli in just 6 days and i live in sweden,so it was fast. I am sorry that you have problems.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:12 PM
holleydodge

I own Holley Dodge in Middletown CT. The domain name for my website is HOLLEYdodge.com. I'm trying to aquire the domain name HOLLYdodge.com (in case someone misspells my name), but I'm unable to because LaPorte Holdings, Inc owns it. They are the parent company of RC-Direct. If you go to their "hollydodge" site they have headings such as "middletown", "trucks", "cars", etc, so many people assume it's the correct site for my dealership. I've tried to call them and e mail them to no avail. I'd like to aquire the rights to my misspelled name...anyone have a suggestion? I don't want to accuse them of being deceitful, I just want to make it easier for customers to find my site.
Thanks
[email protected]
Old 12-31-2004, 01:40 PM
EPHELI

the best thing that can be done is what you are currntly doing(emails, try calling) maybe looking on the internet for more contacts under there company name good luck, and have a great day.