Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

***Stupid question about TX control**

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

***Stupid question about TX control**

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 06:04 PM
adr_ian64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Stupid question about TX control**

DANGER*****NEWBIE*****DANGER

hello, I got a stupid question that everyone knows here who opperates CP helis...

So....theres 5 channels to control...throttle, pitch, aleron, rudder, and elavator(forward/backward motion) right? Then on the tx theres 2 sticks to control 4 channels leaving the pitch out(I think). So is there a knob or something that you can control the pitch or throttle with?
If thats true then could I use a Hitec laser 6 tx and have the liner knob control the throttle?
Old 12-22-2004, 07:36 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: ***Stupid question about TX control**

Well, in proper heli terms, you have throttle and collective pitch (both on the left stick up/down), tail rotor pitch (on left stick left/right), left/right cyclic pitch (on right stick left/right) and forward/aft cyclic pitch (on the right stick up/down). Heli radios have programs that allow control of both throttle and collective pitch on the left stick, and you can program different curves for each. An extra channel for gyro gain is nice too!
Old 12-22-2004, 07:55 PM
adr_ian64

Thanks.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:13 PM
adr_ian64

So if I was to get a CP micro helicopter and a Hitec Laser 6 radio, I could use the liner knob for the throttle and the left stick up/down movement for the collective pitch? Or is the throttle/collective mixing a must?

Thanks
Old 12-22-2004, 09:15 PM
tanasit

RE: Or is the throttle/collective mixing a must?

On some higher grade TX, you can assign any control to any stick, knob or slider but for the CP helicopter the throttle and pitch mixing is usually controlled by the up/down motion of the left stick because it is the easiest and natural way to fly. Then you may have the hovering curve adjustment for which you can adjust either the pitch or throttle in flight by mean of turning the assigned knobs, thus the rotor speed changes to what you like according to the wind condition for example.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:50 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

You want the rotor head to maintain a constant RPM. The more pitch you put in the more drag and the rotor head slows down, so you add throttle to compensate. Same with lowering collective, you lower drag and throttle must be taken out to compensate or you overspeed the head. You really should consider a heli radio, they have the mixing built in for the collective/throttle. The Futaba Skysport 6 is a good example of an inexpensive heli radio with the features you really need to fly an modern collective pitch heli.