Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Ok ¡¡¡ Need a electric Heli

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Ok ¡¡¡ Need a electric Heli

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 05:26 AM
equus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok ¡¡¡ Need a electric Heli

HI guys ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
I`m not new at the rc world but i live on the floor i mean only nitro cars..
But now i saw a lot of electric helis on ebay under 150.00..
What i should to buy?
Of course i`m looking for the easiest to fly and have fun ..
Thanks in advance...
Old 12-29-2004, 10:29 AM
pwterry

Default RE: Ok ¡¡¡ Need a electric Heli

The heli you saw is a FP (fixed pitch main rotor). These are great for indoor or outdoor in calm air (they don't have sufficient range of control motion to handle much wind). The FP heli's are generally very durable, but, availability of repair parts should still be considered (all heli's seek out table legs, walls, trees, power lines, etc.). Parts for these heli's are not very expensive, but, may be time consuming to get by mail order. It's a good idea to check your local hobby shop to see what they support.

The CP (also CCPM or 3D) heli's start around $200. They control lift by motor speed And variable pitch of the main rotor. These heli's handle wind a little better than the FP does. They are also capable of more aerobatic flight than the FP, and are capable of inverted flight. The CP heli is more complicated than the FP, and slightly less durable. Parts for the $200 CP are just as inexpensive has the FP, but more broken parts per crash are likely.

Whichever you choose, make sure you get Lithium Polymer (lipo or li-poly) batteries. The Nimh batteries are just to heavy.

Also, keep in mind that these low end electric heli's are just that - the low end of a range of helicopters that reach well over $1000. They are great fun, but don't expect the quality or the precision of their high end brothers.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:25 PM
bikz

its going to be harder to learn to fly on tiny little electric choppies.....even if u want to get one..get the one with collective pitch control....the rule of thumb with any Rc bird which flies is the bigger the easier....
Old 12-30-2004, 01:08 AM
equus

But i saw a lot of brands which one to choose ?
started to know about the CP and FP but however i`m confuse
Thank you
Old 01-07-2005, 03:03 AM
bikz

CP=collective pitch.....the pitch would move for different agle of atacks on the blades( i hope the AOA theory is same as in the planks)
FP= fixed pitch ( the pitch does not move...the chopper moves up or down from the increased speed (RPM) of the rotors)

u better start a thread in the electric chopper forum to know better or can anyone help plz...
my advise...get a glow powered chopper
Old 01-07-2005, 11:15 AM
rusirius

IN all honesty.... IF you can afford it, you would be better with a larger CP machine. These $150 heli's are kinda like comparing a $30 Tyco RC Car to your $600 Team Associated... Some may look at your nitro cars and say something like "why in the heck would you spend that kind of money on something you could buy from wal-mart for so much cheaper"... Obviously there is no comparison...

If you are strictly looking at cost, then you may even want to consider a GOOD simulator... Either Aerofly Pro Deluxe or Reflex XTR... They are both around the $200 mark. (Realflight G2 is okay, but not as good as the others, and G3 is horrible!) It may not sound like as much "fun" having a sim over the real thing, but honestly you'll be able to fly the sim much more than the real thing... As has been stated these things don't handle wind at all.. Unless you fly indoors (and by indoors I don't mean your flying it in your living room, I mean like a gymnasium, HUGE garage, etc... You need a lot of area for these guys even in no wind, especially when your just learning... The sims stated above will feel almost exactly like the real thing, look almost exactly like the real thing, and you'll be able to fly a range of aircraft... Not just different sizes of heli's, but also all types of airplanes as well. Not to mention it's MUCH cheaper to learn to fly on a sim than it is in R/L..

Lastly, if you decide you absolutely want to get a micro, I would highly recommend an XRB (counter rotating blades), these are the machines that have two sets of blades (one above the other). This is the most stable configuration for the micros and will give you the greatest amount of success.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:00 PM
johnnyblade

you should start with the E-sky honey beev1 from www.EshopJB.com it perfect to start with
and its the best electric heli out there on EshopJB the E-sky comes with trainings kit + extra battery pack + simulator game + simulator cable + extra tail rotor
+ extra mainblades for about 169,95 euro about 222$ including shipping and its the best heli sofare to start with the E-sky 3D has more breakable main blades that is why its not all to good for beginners

we also have micro mini nanny spy cam + a matching mini monitor to receive the cam images
just visit our site for more info

greets JB
www.EshopJB.com
www.RcSpareParts.com