Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

recommendation for my first gas heli

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

recommendation for my first gas heli

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 12:42 PM
spk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recommendation for my first gas heli

Hi,

I have been flying electric heli (Hirobo RXB SR) for quite some time now.
Considering my first gas heli. Had been reading and surfacing net for informations.
Currently in mind, following models

1 Hirobo Sceadu
2 Hirobo Shuttle plus
3 Raptor 30

Your expert comment on above mentioned helis' and controls please.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Lason

Default RE: recommendation for my first gas heli

Im about to take the plunge into nitro heli's as well and found that the Raptor is one of the most populare trainers out there. Im actually going to go with the Raptor 50V2 because everyone I talk to says the 50 is a little more stable power/weight ratio and most of the parts from the 30 fit the 50.

You can also do what I did and call some local LHS' and see what models they carry so you know if you need a part quickly they will have what you will need. In my case all the LHS's around here stock the Raptor 30V2 and stock parts for it but they all said they would have to order the 50. Since the 50 uses mostly 30 parts Im chancing that they will have what I need when I need it.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:07 PM
ChopperMike

Yes, the key question you have to ask yourself is: Is there a local source for parts. If there is you probably want to go with what they carry. If not and you have to order your spare parts, any of the above mentioned heli's (or others) will do the job. I personally fly the Sceadu Evo 50 and have found it to be the best quality kit I've ever built. My LHS doens't stock anything in the way of heli's or parts so I have to order everything. Even the out of town hobby shops I frequent don't seem to stock too much for the Hirobo heli's, Raptors being much more common. The truth is they all fly well so it's just a question of parts availability. The 50 size machines definitely fly better than the 30 size for not much higher cost initially. The fuel costs are certainly higher though for a 50 size. My Evo 50 with an OS 50 uses twice the fuel that my Century Hawk did with a Thunder Tiger 36.

Mike
Old 12-31-2004, 01:21 PM
Stuck-N-Da-Mud
My Feedback: (14)

I agree with the others .Started off with with a raptor 30 myself ,but wish I went with the 50. 30 was still good bird to start with.Turning the 30 over to my son and in search of a raptor 60.If you go with a raptor ,start with the 50 parts are still reasonable and,it will take you a long way. By a crash kit !!! might come in handy ,did for me. LOL