Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Which Futaba radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Logster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Futaba radio

After not flying a heli for a few years, I want to start flying an electric heli (Santa brought me a Shogun 400 for Christmas) and want to know if I should go with a Futaba 7CH or if I can get away with a Skysport (still have one from a few years back). Any info would be appreciated.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:22 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which Futaba radio

Definitely go for the 7C instead of the skysport. It is much more capable, and looking at the specs it seems to do nearly as much as the 9C (in heli mode) for a much lower price. Plus it comes with some digital servos that you can use on a 30-50 size heli when the time comes.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Stormovic
My Feedback: (29)

Go with the 7CHP. I had a 6 channel Futaba heli radio and there is no comparison between it and the 7CHP. I upgraded to the 7CHP and it is a super radio at a fair price. Trust me.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:47 AM
jumpinj

I was looking at that very same TX to do an upgrade and get me ready for the move to 30-50. I just got an Esky 3d and would like to know what it would take for that radio system work on it. I'm going to make the jump to 30 soon, and would like to go ahead and pick up a decent radio.

I'm new to the hobby, so I understand that this is a pretty crazy request. Can the 7CHP be made to work with the Esky 4in1 or do I need to buy another one that does? Would I need to buy new servo's?

Even just a link pointing me to a good source would be appreciated.

Regards

Jeff C.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Logster

Thanks for all the info, just picked up a 7CHP.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:43 PM
pwterry

Can the 7CHP be made to work with the Esky 4in1?
I can only foresee two small problems:

Either buy the 7CH with the same channel crystal, or use the crystal from the Esky TX. The rub is that the 72mhz band come in HI and LOW frequency ranges, and I don't know where the seam is. It's possible that a HI band crystal would not work in a LOW band TX, and visa-versa.

Also, the "all-in-one" board mixes the tail rotor into the throttle. so, it's likely that the 7CH will not be able to control that mix (other than trim).

Otherwise, set the Tx to "CCPM" and "120 deg Swashplate", and start fine tuning.

Would I need to buy new servo's?
I haven't tried plugging an Esky servo into a Futaba receiver. But, if you're going with separate electronics, what's $75 for three Futaba S3107 servos? I'm sure they would be much better than the cheezy units from Esky.