Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Need help flying Kyosho Caliber M24 EP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Need help flying Kyosho Caliber M24 EP

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 10:18 AM
kaisare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help flying Kyosho Caliber M24 EP

I tried my 1st flight with caliber M24, and the model flips over on the ground when I try to give more throttle. The result is, it tends to break the 10T main gear as the rotors hit the ground and stop. I did attach the safety bar as suggested in the manual that came with the kit. Is this because of the trim settings?
Any suggestions on how to get this bird off the ground!!...?

Also the throttle is almost 60% and the model still wont lift off! Is this normal?

Thanks
Kaisare
Old 01-09-2005, 03:58 PM
flyerdarren

Default RE: Need help flying Kyosho Caliber M24 EP

If this is your first heli, which it sounds like, I hate to be the one o tell you that this behavior is common with all these micro FP electric helicopters. They're are very hard to hold in a stable hover and extremely affected by ground effect. While it's not impossible to learn to fly with one of these, you will spend a lot of time banging your head against the wall in the process. The only suggestion I can give you is to get it up out of ground effect quickly. Once the heli is spooled up and light on the skids, you have to get it up fast. Once it's up a couple of feet, the stabilize a little.I've read a lot of good things about this heli, and have one on the way myself, But you will break a lot of pinion gears. So keep a lot of them on hand. good luck and let us know how it works out.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Need help flying Kyosho Caliber M24 EP

I had one for about two days and sent it back it is severely underpowered you can only get so much out of NiMh battery's and this heli cannot be upgraded to LiPo's at all which in my opinion makes this a complete waste of money also if you have never flew before you should find someone that has heli experience in your area to help you out or invest in a simulator and learn that way,then will not go broke when you crash so much and you will learn how to do basic set up on the heli.If it is not set up correctly and trimmed out correctly then it will never fly good even if you do get out of ground effect.