Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Help to choose my 1st Heli (Aerohawk vs DF 22A)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Help to choose my 1st Heli (Aerohawk vs DF 22A)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 03:36 PM
bobgar2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help to choose my 1st Heli (Aerohawk vs DF 22A)

Hi,

My name is Roberto and this is my first post in the forum, after a lot of reading and learning from your posts.

I don´t have any R/C experienced but I have always wanted to have an heli, and with all these new cheap micro helies in the market I decided to go for one.

My first option was an Aerohawk with a 7,4v lipo (1800mh) and FP, but I am concerned about the tail motor (easily burnt).

So, I saw this Dragonfly 22A with 11,1 lipos (a CP heli), with no tail motor.

I would like to get some feedback from those who have started directly with a Dragonfly 22A?

Is it too hard to learn?
Have you wasted so much in pare parts after crashing?
Which tail motor is best to substitute the original one from aerohawk?
Which and how many spare parts shall I buy?

And eventually, which one do you recommend to buy the aerohawk or the dragon fly 22A?

TKS in advance to everybody
Old 01-14-2005, 11:43 AM
flyerdarren

Default RE: Help to choose my 1st Heli (Aerohawk vs DF 22A)

I don't want to burst your bubble, but as a first heli, any micro electric will be very frustrating. I have the aerohawk, and it's a pretty nice heli, I don't have any experience with the dragon fly though. If you decide to get a micro heli, buy lots of ectra tail rotor blades, main rotor blades and a couple of each motor. YOU WILL CRASH THIS HELI! The key is to not get frustrated. I would reccomend looking into a nice 30 or 50 size nitro. Much easier to fly, but mmore expensive. With these cheap little birds, you get what you pay for. Good luck and let us know how you do.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:05 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dude, with all the posts on here saying "this heli won't work" and "having problems with my Dragonfly" and "these electric helis are junk" and stuff like that, why would you consider throwing a couple hundred bucks down the tube! Throw it my way if you just want to throw it away.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:57 PM
rusirius

In my opinion.. Rather than throwing $250 into a micro, why don't you buy a simulator? You can find RealFlight G2 for around or under $100 now, Aerofly Pro Deluxe (which is my personal favorite) is $189 (but you'll need a transmitter to use with it) or $250 for the "commander" version that includes a control (like G2).. Reflex XTR is around $230 I think, need a transmitter for it too.. I personally wouldn't recommend Realflight G3, but there are others that have had success with it... You'll end up spending the same amount or less for a good simulator... Any of the sims above will fly VERY realisitically (I learned to fly heli's on a sim and had NO probems quickly advancing in real life). Not to mention, you'll have a simulator where you can "try out" lots of different types of heli's, as well as airplanes.. You won't have to worry about weather or wind... Later down the road, if you decide to stick with the hobby, and you really want to get into heli's, you can buy a 30 or 50 size nitro, or even bigger if you have the money...
Old 01-14-2005, 04:58 PM
fla_maxx

The RealFlight G2 or G3 is an investment well made and it should have been your first consideration.
It's never too late. get it. If still and to stay with micro's then from everything I have read and seen, the T-Rex 450 is the way to go. It's the closest thing to a Raptor 30, so they say.