Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Controller Setup Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Controller Setup Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 12:11 AM
BadAtti2de

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Controller Setup Question

Hey guys,

Well I have done a tone of searching and browsing and cant find the info I need. I have been flying planes for about a year, but was always interested in Heli's. I am using FMS until I get my aerofly to learn to fly helis. My question is about my controller setup. I set it up in FMS but not sure if its correct because the prog seems to use diff terms. This is how I have it set, so tell me if I am correct.

Left Stick: 1. up-down is set to make heli go up and down (pitch of blade/throtle-make heli go higher)
2. left-right is set for tail rotation (rudder)

Right Stick: 1. up-down is set to make heli go forward and backward (tilts heli foward and back)

2. left right is set to make heli go side to side (move stick left heli tilts and goes left)

The only reason I am asking is becuse in FMS they use a term "nick" and "pitch" incorrectly.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:20 AM
tanasit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Controller Setup Question

Those are correct but make sure that #2. left-right is set for tail rotation (rudder) , it the nose that refered to NOT the tail. There is at least one member that set it up with the rudder stick goes left, the tail will go left too. Yes he was able to fly his for a while and I think he is chaging his habit now.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:58 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Controller Setup Question

This question got posted a few times. I removed the ones that did not have replies. Since this one has a reply I will close it but leave it posted. Here is a link to the open thread. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Cont...2544996/tm.htm

Eric