Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

I think I'm actually getting somewhere

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

I think I'm actually getting somewhere

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 09:53 AM
gordthebiker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I'm actually getting somewhere

I bought myself a Jabo helicopter about a week ago from a Hongkong supplier (I live in Japan so it's quick for me) & was a little dismayed when I had my 1st go.

But after reading some info on this forum it helped me out a lot. I expected it to fly pretty much out of the box but sadly I was wrong. I've flown some park flyers & messed around with mates cars so I was fairly confident.

You've got to take time looking at the servo arms with the trimming centralized to try & get the best balance before making final tweaks with the trimming. I'm not that great yet but it makes a world of difference when the machine is lifting off horizontally!!

Once the weather improves out here, I'll try it outside as my kitchen's a bit on the small side and as with all micros it needs space in my novice hands.

I'm glad I joined this forum!!
Old 01-23-2005, 01:58 PM
ChopperMike

Default RE: I think I'm actually getting somewhere

I don't know if this is the case with you but it seems a lot of people get into the micro's thinking they'll be easier than a larger heli. As with airplanes, bigger is better. Also they can be a little fussy as to setup. The micro's do have the advantage however of being tougher. Just tip a nitro heli over and you do $50 damage or so. It is neat though being able to fly inside or be able to just step outside your door and fly. I fly both nitro and electric for that reason, although usually I fly my Shogun at the club field.

Anyway, good luck with it.

Mike
Old 01-23-2005, 04:18 PM
_Buzz_

Welldone...I still remember the feeling when things start to come together, it's one of the best feelings around. The thing is you'll keep on getting those feelings whenever you do something new...it's a great hobby. I'm 58 now....I've been involved in aeromodelling since I was a child, as my Dad was into it and I still get the feeling of achievement when I succeed.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:24 AM
gordthebiker

You're right Choppermike, I have to say I thought it would be easier than it is. I don't know how some of the guys fly inside though?! My apartment here in Japan is fairly small so I guess I was just being ambitious.

Luckily, I've only had one slight mishap with my Jabo 2, but it was cheap. The rotor-head ball joint broke as I had set the blades a little on the tight side & it pitched to the side ( I'm waiting for my training gear so it's not on yet & it happened before I'd adjusted it)

Like Buzz commented, it does give a thrill to be improving & it brought back memories of me flying my plane a year ago.