Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

New pilot awaiting my bird...or "Bee"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

New pilot awaiting my bird...or "Bee"

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 02:46 AM
yard pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New pilot awaiting my bird...or "Bee"

Hello,

I just bought a "Honey Bee 2 3D" and by the looks of it the Hummingbird is the prefered platform? Is that fair to say? Also I've never flown any RC aircraft ever (only non-rc aircraft =-) maybe I should have gone fixed pitch rather than 3D?

I'm learning all this through reading your postings, I guess I should have researched 1st then paid the bucks!

Couple of questions:

Would you guys recomend a Lithium Polymer Batt?

How much "Sim" time is generally needed before moving onto the equipment? Is there a rule of thumb?

With 0 hrs in the log book, what are my chances of recieving this Bee and not wrecking it on day one?

Thanks guys, I'm glad to have joined the club!
Old 01-26-2005, 05:59 AM
Sao

Default RE: New pilot awaiting my bird...or "Bee"

I would'nt have started with a CP

Lithium polymers are almost a requirement

No rule of thumb on sim time all depends on the person and if they actually have a sim or not.

You stand a good chance of wrecking it on the first day without prior research and understanding.

Too many newbies are put off in the early days from crashign too much due to not fully appreciating the ins and outs of the micro heli hobby.

Spend some time reading information on here asking questions and gaining knowledge. If you haev someone nearby who already flies micro cp helis then go and ask for some hints tips and advice and if you are not confident get the heli checked over to make sure you havent made any glaring mistakes.

Radds flying lessons are a good place to start dream-models.com
Old 01-26-2005, 08:21 PM
yard pilot

Default RE: New pilot awaiting my bird...or "Bee"

Thanks Sao,

I'll try and prove you wrong re: crashing the thing, but I bet they all say that =-P

I have been reading a lot here, great topics and explanations, I'll give it a rest until it arrives, then dig in!

thanks again