Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

RAPTOR TROUBLE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 02:38 PM
GUNJAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAPTOR TROUBLE!!!

HI I TOOK MY RAPTOR OUT FOR THE FIRTS TIME THE OTHER NIGHT I'M HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE ENGINE THE ENGINE TT36 FLUTTERS ALOT AT HIGH IDLE AND IT SOME TIMES LOSES ALOT OF PWER AT FULL THROTTLE I HAVE TRIED ADJUSTING THE NEEDLE VALVE DIDNT HELP! ANY SUGGESTIONS?? ONE MORE PROBLEM WITH THE TAIL ROTOR EVEN WITH THE STICK FULL TO THE RIGHT THE HELI KEEPS ROTATING TO THE LEFT? ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE REALLY HELPFUL
Old 03-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Pathogens
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: RAPTOR TROUBLE!!!

TRY WITHOUT THE CAPS BUTTON PUSHED IN.

THAT IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING.

ARE YOU SHOUTING AT US?
Old 03-21-2005, 08:12 AM
cgroves

Default RE: RAPTOR TROUBLE!!!

WHAT, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!
Seriously, CAPS are rude.
Are you flying the 30V2 ARF w/TT39? I was chasing a mixture problem yesterday that turned out to not be what I thought. The idle point was moving around which I though was related to the large changes in mixture I was making (CP30 to CP15 w/Pipe). I also had lots of problems with what looked like sagging despite the fact I had lots of smoke and the engine temp was good. After I landed to adjust the mixture again I suddenly found I could not shut down the engine. It was locked at around 50% throttle no matter what I did I could not change that. Ran it out of fuel in a hover and found that the nut holding the throttle arm on had vibrated off (Found it in the snow at the flying field 1-in-a-million, thanks Eric). I always tear down ARF helis but since the throttle arm was in the right position stock, I had left the engine together assuming it was assembled correctly. Lesson learned, it now has red loctite on it and it won't happen again. Check to make sure your throttle linkage is tight and that the nut holding the throttle arm on to the carb is tight.

On a side note, I hadn't thought of what to do if the throttle had jammed in the 100% position, I couldn't hover, couldn't land, what do you do? Fly up so that when the head explodes the blades fly off relatively harmlessly? Dump it into the ground?