Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Getting into Heli questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Getting into Heli questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 02:20 PM
shiznik
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting into Heli questions

I am coming from the nitro car section and looking to get into the helicopters...I have built car kits and also purchased the RTR nitros. New RTR cars seem to be built fairly well from what I have noticed lately. One of my questions is does this apply to the ARF helis or no?...This being my first helicopter, building one seems intimidating...correct me if I am wrong please...
Next, I have been reading and looking around and have narrowed it down to the JR Venture 30 and of of the Century models...the Hawk SEII, Sport, and IV. Everyone has good things to say about them but what I'd like to know is which one the best bang for the buck for a beginner like myself as far as replacement cost, ease of repair, BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS if it is in kit form, etc...etc...
I will be getting a simulator first to practice on over the fall/winter months or however long it takes...
Thanks for any appreciated help...
Old 10-05-2002, 05:39 AM
Whoison2nd

Well you are in the same shoes I'm in really.. I decided to go with the JR Venture CP.. I'm using the O.S. .32 and the JR XP662 radio..
I also have decided to go ahead and get the Futaba GY401/9253 Gyro/servo combo..
I also started out with a Sim.. been using the Real Flight G2.. which that has helped me get a head start.. I have read so much and ever since I found this forum its been nothing but great news and the ppl here are great to help me out and you will learn so much.. Just read as much information as you can and take it all in..
I just got my Venture today got the tail boom on and mounted the engine and have dyed my canopy and tail wings they look great but it took me forever to find a big enough pot to dye the canopy in .. lol
Well good luck and will talk to you later..
clay
Old 10-06-2002, 03:45 PM
shiznik

Whoison, how is the building process? fairly straight through and why did you pick the venture?
Anybody else have any input???
Old 10-07-2002, 02:29 AM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

shiznik-If you need help with set-up and flying look me up ,be glad to help.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:12 AM
Culverson
My Feedback: (14)

The Shuttle plus is on sale at Zoom Hobbies for arond $180.00 maybe little more has a few new updated parts. The Raptor is a good one, Heliworld had some for $195.00 or close on sale last time I checked. Bu there is a lot involved in buying & setting up a heli. If FF2 busy, email me and I can point you in right direction or call me. Phone # if you email me....

Either one of us can go you up & going... There are a huge list of helis from A-Z.....All pretty much great helis
Hirobo
Century
Thunder Tiger
JR Propo
Mikado Electrics Logo's
Kyosho
Xcell
on & on LoL
Old 10-07-2002, 03:49 PM
shiznik

will do and thanks Fury and Culverson...