Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

e-flight - blade, blades

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

e-flight - blade, blades

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 08:13 PM
rmbler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-flight - blade, blades

hi all once again i hope someone can help as i only have about 1 1/2 weeks with rc hobbys and the only one i have tried is heli's i just picked up a hiboro xrb and the e-flight blade my question is the e-flight blade has 3 different type of blades symmetrical carbon fiber and flat wood blades i need to know what the difference is and is the flat blade the easiest to learn on

thank you in advance

Phil
Old 07-18-2005, 02:32 AM
Charlie

Default RE: e-flight - blade, blades

The E-Flight is a collective pitch heli and the XRB is a fixed pitch heli, you can't use collective pitch blades (symmetrical) on a fixed pitch heli.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:59 AM
rmbler

hi charlie sorry if you misunderstood me i know that the xrb and blde are different in the type of set up but i wanted to know what the difference betewwn the 3 types of blades that is offered with the e-flight heli is one is simmertical one is carbon base and the other is flat i need to know the difference and is the flat one in fact easer to fly with for a biginner

thank you again

Phil
Old 07-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Charlie

Sorry, I did misunderstand what you were saying. I'm not sure what blades you are talking about, but if they are for a collective pitch heli, they are probably all symmetrical blades. The only difference is what they are made of. Carbon blades will cut the air a little better and they are stronger, wooden blades are cheaper which makes them great for learning, but they will do pretty much anything a carbon blade will do. If you are a beginner, you will probably never tell the difference in either set of blades.
my question is the e-flight blade has 3 different type of blades symmetrical carbon fiber and flat wood blades i need to know what the difference is and is the flat blade the easiest to learn on
I'm not sure what you mean by flat blades? Symmetrical blades are the same on the top as they are on the bottom. They do make a semi symmetrical blades, but they are more for scale helis.
is the flat blade the easiest to learn on
It doesn't matter what blades you use, it isn't going to make the heli fly any easier. The only thing that makes helis easier to fly is practice, practice, practice.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:26 PM
andy98801

the flat bottom blades make more lift with less headspeed. Id learn with these first cause when you hit them on something the damage will be lower because of the lower headspeed. Ive flown both, I reccomend the flats also you have to run a lipo batt on the symetrical blades to have enough power to even hover, Later
Old 07-19-2005, 10:29 PM
rmbler

thanks very much Charlie you did help a lot and i do appreciate it

once again thank you
Phil
Old 07-19-2005, 10:31 PM
rmbler

thanks very much Charlie and Andy you did help a lot and i do appreciate it

once again thank you
Phil
Old 07-20-2005, 09:40 PM
DarkWombat

The symmetrical blades are also intended for aerobatic and inverted flight (don't try it any time soon if you still want to have a heli and non-wet pants), but as the other guys said they will also increase your head speed. The carbon fiber blades are also symmetrical but since they're carbon fiber they are much tougher and more rigid so they're better for aerobatics.

As far as using LiPo's goes, I've heard from a lotta people that using the recommended 3-cell LiPo battery, getting the aerobatic enhnancement kit and using the included 9T motor and symmetrical blades (not to mention the heatsinks!) that you will get much more stable hovers and more predictable flight performance. I've ordered the 1320mah TP pack and am waiting on a couple parts before I do this upgrade to my Blade. Will post about it when I get the chance.

For the moment rmbler, just stick with the semi-symmetrical blades until you're ready to shell out $60+ for the LiPo battery and aerobatic enhancement kit, not to mention another $50+ for a LiPo charger is you don't have one already. And be patient! The Blade is going to be tough to fly, good thing you're starting with the XRB though. It's nowhere near as hard as flying the Blade, but at least you'll get the feeling of thinking in 4 channels at once. I've been flying parkflyers for 6 years and got a Blade and it was quite a handful at first. Take it in steps, learn to hover before you fly and you'll have much fewer crashes (yes, you WILL crash...it's a given), more enjoyable flights and a better learning experience.

Good luck
Michael
Old 07-21-2005, 11:10 AM
rmbler

Thanks everyone i think ill get the nerve up to take it out and give it a try
Old 07-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Sabot

dont xrbs come with foamie blades?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:59 PM
rmbler

yes XRB'S do come with foam blades it's the e-flight blade that 3 different blades