Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

reflex sim ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 01:08 PM
partenaviadude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reflex sim ??

How realistic is reflex xtr simulator? I have used it for a while now and fly planes. I find the sim harder to use with planes then flying for real. I was wondering how it compares to helis. Im asking because im just about to start learning helis for real. On reflex i can hover, fly round (circuits, figure 8s etc) , do loops, backwards loops, rolls all basic stuff like that too. Do you think if i can hover on reflex i will be able to do it in real life (after abit obviously).
Old 07-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Tanner Hall
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: reflex sim ??

XTR is about equal to real life in terms of basic difficulty in flying. however, XTR will NOT simulate the pucker factor that real helis give you. there's no reset button in real life so don't get overconfident.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:05 PM
GroundMagnet

It aint going to be the same, but if you can hover you should be able to in real life the first pack or very soon.

One of the thing to remember is on a SIM the Heli is setup perfect. There are other factors also that each SIM deals with in it's own way but none of them are dead on real life. 3 months on G3 and I was able to hover my Trex nose in once it was trimmed.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:50 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

i have a logo 10 3d which is in reflex xtr, I flew the sim for a month or so before finally getting my logo up and ready.

It is pretty accurate. like the rest said its not perfect but reflex i think does an excellent job of getting it as close as possible.

However i did find the logo in reflex was alittle harder to hover than the real logo 10 3d ( it was alittle more twitchy), Which i dont mint at all. but it might be due to probably the higher head speed of the logo in reflex, since i think its running 1900 rpm, and the real thing im only running 1700
Old 07-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Sawdust48.5

Before you attempt to get your heli airborn for the first time it's a very good idea to have an experienced heli pilot set her up and do a couple test flights. Several AMA clubs have trainers who are always willing to help.

We're all just older boys with expensive toys!

Dennis
Sachse, Tx