Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Good lubricant to use on CCPM Heli?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Good lubricant to use on CCPM Heli?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 08:52 PM
ESzczesniak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good lubricant to use on CCPM Heli?

I have the E-flight Blade CP and my main rotors have a bit of a stick to them in terms of the pitch. Once in a while I'll run up the collective, it will sit there for a minute, and then lurch into the air. I want to try lubing this up (this started after a repair in the area). What would be a good lubricant to use for this? A general WD40 or something? Thanks for your help.

Eric
Old 07-27-2005, 09:58 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Good lubricant to use on CCPM Heli?

Hi Eric,
It is probably better to find and correct the source of the binding than to try to mask it with lubrication that will collect dust and dirt and make the problem worse.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:22 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

At any rate, to answer your question, if you're looking for a lubricant, i've been using crossman pellet gun oil, it's plastic safe and seems to work pretty good, i put it on all my bearings and ball links and it seems to help. It's an oil though, not a grease. Grease might be a better option but i've never seen any plastic safe greases where I am so i setteled for the oil.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:59 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

He's right, try to find out what is binding.

I use Tri-Flo for most of my heli stuff.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:42 PM
DebianDog

A friend showed me a neat trick. Take an extra ball link and put a bolt into, add a nut to lock it in place. Insert the ball link with attached bolt into a dremmel or cordless drill. Now take "toothy" pair of pliers and squeeze the bejezus out of the ball to add rough edges all around the ball (don't squeeze it so hard it is not a ball any more ).

You now have a little tool that you can snap on a ball link connector and spin. It will open up the "inside track" of the connector and released a bunch of binding. I had a binding when I first put my T-Rex together this fixed it licky-split!

Enjoy!
Old 07-29-2005, 02:35 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

That sounds like a good idea in effect. But wouldn't you be a bit worried about gouging out the inside of the ball links curve and cause MORE binding?

Sounds like a good idea anyways, just curious as to what possible reprucussions it could have [:-]
Old 07-30-2005, 05:49 AM
DebianDog

Well when the ball spins, it takes very little off and leaves the inside very smooth. Try one and see.

It will snap on to the ball link, be nice and loose, yet not come off.

DO NOT pull the ball link out of the drill when it is spinning or the ball link end is ruined. Ask me how I know [&o]