Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

What radio for Trex

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 01:39 AM
kileak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What radio for Trex

Hello, I ordered the Trex 450xl (cde) kit today. What radio would be best for this. I understand it has to be computerized with 120 degree support, but I'm don't know what that means. I'm thinking the Futaba 7 channel would work. Am I right? I feel like you have to be a rocket scientist to fly these things compared to my Esky honey bee, even though I can't even fly that yet. I'm going to practice on it and my flight sim while I'm building my killer T-REX. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:54 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What radio for Trex

The Futaba 7CH will be great!
Sim practice will help worlds. Just keep it low. You can easily zoom around like supperman way up in th sky, but this does little to prepare you for hovering, and that is your first step.
What sim are you using? Does it use a transmitter (or dummy box) as the input? Using the keyboard ot gaming joysticks does not prepare you for RC models.
Have you tried to fly the Honey Bee? Tells us about that.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:10 AM
kileak

Hello Vince, I'm going to use FMS I think it is. The freeware simulator. I ordered a usb cable for my Esky contoller. I did try to fly the Honey bee, but I got carried away and tried to launch the thing, rather than just hover, and broke the tail boom, so I'm waiting for replacements. I also ordered training gear for it. I have a Hirobo XRB also. I can fly that ok as long as I don't get too carried away with it. It tends to get away from me if I'm not careful. many crashes. Anyway I'm glad the futaba 7cap will work. Any advice on what servos would be a good choice? Also the reciever and gyro? Wow this is pretty involved, but it's cool. Thanks for all the help.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:13 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 120 degree swash has 3 ball links on the bottom half, spaced every 120 degrees around it.
It is uses CCPM control to allow for cyclic and collective pitch control.
Take a read through the [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342744]EHBG[/link].
I have flown the XRB (Dad and brother #2 both have them). If you are having difficulty making that go where you want it, then you need much more practice. Fly the heck out of the XRB and the sim. Flying the Honey Bee will be much more difficult.
Also read through [link=http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html]RADD'S SCHOOL OF ROTARY FLIGHT[/link] It will help you get the Honey Bee under control with minimal damage.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:22 AM
kileak

I did read a lot of the EHBG the other day and have it bookmarked as well as Radd's school of flight. Those are both great. Thanks.