Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

My 1st Helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 01:11 PM
T1TAN23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1st Helicopter

I have been wanting to get into this hobby for a long time now and finally got the money together to get started. So i dug around on ebay for a while and I just bought a Thunder Tiger Raptor 30 Class V.1. So i am curious if i got a good deal on it. It comes with TTR Pro 39 Heli Engine & Muffler, Belt Drive, 6mm Start Socket, 49 Ball Bearings, 550mm Wood Main, (4) JR PS811 Digital Servos. JR PG500TCI Gyro with 810G Servo, Field Box, Remote, Extra Main Blades, extra Rotor blades, New Battery for the field box, Upgraded swasg plate, Crash Kit, and FLight Simulator software and the Data cable for the remote. I only paid $400 for the whole setup.

Is this a good deal?

Is this a good setup?

What's Next?
Old 08-12-2005, 01:14 PM
midi0101

Default RE: My 1st Helicopter

Sounds like a good price to me.....TT Raptors are good beginner machines (if there is such a thing).

What's next....hmmm...try to find an experienced heli pilot who can give you a hand with setup and the first filghts. And last but not least...have fun

Cheers
Old 08-12-2005, 01:26 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Not a bad deal, it will certainly get you going assuming the motor isn't shot.

Find a club or a helicopter pilot near you. If you have to drive an hour or more to find help do so. Even if you only do it once it will be WELL WORTH it in frustration and parts saved.

http://www.modelaircraft.org and do a search by zip code for a club near you. Even if they don't fly heli's they will likely be able to point you in the right direction.

Or try this link, its specific to helicopter pilots. http://www.pilotlocator.net/state.ph...e=TX&B1=Submit

An lastly read thoroughly http://www.raptortechnique.com he has a TON of raptor setup, build, repair info on Raptors.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:30 PM
T1TAN23

Thank you very much for all the info and links. I am very excited to be getting into this sport and a bit nervous too. [sm=bananahead.gif][sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 08-12-2005, 01:39 PM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

Where are you in Texas? Anywhere near Katy?

Jim C
Old 08-12-2005, 05:10 PM
hueyman
My Feedback: (2)

you still need tx/rx, rx batt. and starter, at least i didn't see it listed. if you do need a tx, get the best you can afford. it's the one thing you will always be able to use no matter what level you progress to.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:45 AM
T1TAN23

to Answer Aeronaut i am in Austin, well actually Leander which is way North of Austin.

To comment on hueyman, it comes with TX/RX and starter and the field box has a new battery. The Xmitter is a Futaba although i cannot remember the model, but it looked to be a pretty good one in the pictures.