Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

I can't get my Darn BLADE CP to lift off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

I can't get my Darn BLADE CP to lift off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 11:42 PM
chickenx5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't get my Darn BLADE CP to lift off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have tried everything, messed with the pitch links and everything. It got up in the air in the past. Can someoen show me a pic of a good setup? thanks
Old 08-26-2005, 04:38 AM
Charlie

Default RE: I can't get my Darn BLADE CP to lift off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The blade should be ready to fly right out of the box (my buddy's was). So I would be looking at the battery, are you using the wall charger that come with it? If you are, I would get yourself a good Field charger (their cheap), maybe your battery isn't getting a full charge. The Hobbico field charger is a good charger and it's cheap, it will charge lithium batteries if you ever decide to go with them. The only problem is, you have to have a 12 volt battery to run it, it doesn't plug into the wall.

If you have been playing with the pitch, maybe you have the pitch all screwed up, what do you have for pitch (bottom, middle and top)?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59657.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	315222  
Old 08-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Stamper
My Feedback: (9)

I experimented with my pitch screws a lot. When they were screwed all the way in, the heli would not take off. When I unscrewed them almost all the way, the heli would take off at 1/3 throttle. You want to find that happy medium where you have enough head speed to stay stable, but also lift off predictably. Also make sure all the linkages are moving freely.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:22 PM
hyperluminal

Check out the thread: E-FLIGHT BLADE CP in the Electric Heli's section. You will be an expert on it in no time, and you heli will actauly fly.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:09 AM
PJSims

Follow the instructions in the Blade manual about checking your pitch (unplug both motors, plug in battery, etc...)
Old 09-04-2005, 09:47 AM
wheeld

Easy fix. it seems from reading blade honeybee etc are put together wrong in factory. Just got my honeybee and had lift off problem it would want to jump right up at high throtle. remove blades and and minimal parts last 2 washers reversed. changed them on both sides and u have good control of lift off several sites with pics.
seems many ;have hover and lift off problem this is the easy fix 30 minutes need two allen head wrenches