Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

radio/servo/gyro/receiver topic for the new guy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

radio/servo/gyro/receiver topic for the new guy

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 02:19 PM
markmeinteil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio/servo/gyro/receiver topic for the new guy

I'm wondering what the interchangeability of electronics are. (between radio brands, the receivers, and servos/gyros) Basically, I am thinking of getting the JR X9303 TX, with the four JR DS8311 servos, using the JR R649 receiver, and using the Futaba GY401 gyro w/the Futaba S9254 tail servo.
I know that certain brand receivers can't be mixed with other brand transmitters. But, are all digital servos usable with any type of receiver brand?
Also, the JR X9303 has different gain settings for gyros. but does this mean that you have to use only a certain gyro to make that radio function work?
It would be for the rapter 50v2.

If anyone can tell me their own electric/electronic gear experience concerning the above, it would be very helpful in making a good buying choice!

thanks.

Old 09-09-2005, 02:46 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: radio/servo/gyro/receiver topic for the new guy

LOVE the avatar!

For the most part, all current non-digital servos will work with all current receivers.
Digital servos only work with devices that specifically say they support digital servos (like the GY401).
Old 09-09-2005, 04:24 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: radio/servo/gyro/receiver topic for the new guy

Your setup will work fine. You can even use Futaba servo's with your reciever and they will be fine, digital or otherwise, you just have to shave the tabs off the connectors, you will have to do this with the gyro anyways. Just make sure the black on the gyro matches the black on your servo's and you will be fine.

You can't use jr recivers with futaba transmitters (in the US) because they use a different shift.