Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

heli flight software for training

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

heli flight software for training

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 05:19 PM
jaymoore31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heli flight software for training

Im a begginner who just purchased a E-FLITE BLADE CP, but I would like to get some hours in on a Software Sim first. I know that you can hook up the Radio unit to your pc via usb or serial cable. My question is the Radio unit that comes with the E-FLITE BLADE CP Kit compatible or able to connected to your pc? Or is it a common port on these Radio units....the kit I ordered is still being shipped to me and Im trying to get the cable necessary for it....but not sure if the Radio Im getting supports such a function.

Any ideas? Suggestions are greatly appreciated...

thanks

jason
Old 09-10-2005, 06:55 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: heli flight software for training

The Blade radio has CCPM mixing built in... I believe you'll either need a box to unmix the CCPM mixing, or the software you get will have to expect it...
Old 09-10-2005, 08:15 PM
jaymoore31

Thanks for the advice....but being the newbie that I am...I had to look up the term CCPM. So I found out that means "Cyclic/Collective Pitch Mixing"....in which I read that its a "motion control system".

But I guess Im asking if anyone else has been able to connect the default radio from the E-FLITE BLADE CP Kit, and how they did it. I need to know the cable used and etc...

Again, any help with this question is greatly appreciated. Thanks again PKH!

-jason
Old 09-10-2005, 09:31 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

The sims expect to see Aileron (left-right cyclic pitch), elevator (fore-aft cyclic pitch), and collective pitch unmixed on three separate chanels... but the TXs with eCCPM built in put out collective pitch control outputs on all three channels, elevator on all three channels, and aileron on two of the three channels... so each channels has some aileron, elevator, and collective mixed in.

Here's a demixing cable to interface the Blade TX with Realflight G2...

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/E-flite-Blade-CP-USB-interface-for-G2-FMS-Win-2000-XP_W0QQitemZ5998746397QQcategoryZ2563QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem]eCCPM demixing cable for G2[/link]

NOTE: CCPM stands for cyclic-collective pitch mixing, but the term is usually used to refer to eCCPM, electrical CCPM, in reference to helis with a 120 degree swash. The Blade uses 120 degree swash with eCCPM...
Old 09-10-2005, 09:53 PM
jaymoore31

Excellent! Thanks! Thats the exact info I needed....

-jason