Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Nexus Radio setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 09:31 PM
surf_medic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nexus Radio setup

Just received my new radio, now looking to get it flying.

Only thing I am having problems with is the throttle travel, engine cut-off, etc.

The way my throttle is set now, according to the Kyosho manual, has very little travel under half, and lots of travel over half. The manual doesn't have you set the carb at half throttle. Is this a purposeful thing or is this an error.

Radio of purchase: Futaba 7CHP

We're heading to the field tomorrow, so any feedback at all is appreciated.

Cheers
Old 09-17-2005, 07:38 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: Nexus Radio setup

http://www.raptortechnique.com/throttlesetup.htm

Its for a Raptor but its the same theory. Pay attention to step 11

Proper throttle geometry setup is imperitive for proper setup.

At half stick you want the throttle open 1/2 way and all the linkages at 90 degrees. Full stick forward should open the barrel all the way and not bind. Full back stick and full back throttle trim should close the throttle all the way. After than neutral or a little above should be enough to start it.

MAKE SURE your ATV's on either side of center are equal and less than 100. If they are equal and its more than 100 move the ball in on the servo horn 1 hole and start over. Don't use sub trim unless you absolutely have to, rotate the arm 90 degrees at a time till you get one thats 90 degrees to the pushrod at 1/2 stick or closest to it then tweak it with subtrim.