Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

new heli!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 12:20 AM
nitronut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new heli!!!!

i just purchased a loaded zoom/shogun style heli w/ servos , brushless motor and esc and gyro. i couldnt beat the price because the price of the acc. that it comes with. only one problem, the bird doesnt have any setup instructions (it is new in the box) for setting up the radio and linkages. second problem is at this point i have no clue as to the brand either. in basicaly bought for the servos esc etc.... any help on the setup would be greattlllyyyyyy appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!! first time heli guy to boot!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 02-01-2006, 12:21 AM
nitronut

Default RE: new heli!!!!

will have the heli in hands on friday(provided shipping is correct!)
Old 02-01-2006, 03:03 AM
Gorgok

Default RE: new heli!!!!

Generally a good setup has all control links at 90* to servos at center, and to any other levers that apply.

As long as you can get around 10* to -10* of pitch mechanically the heli should be able to do very much. I just set my newbie heli to do that (and didn't follow my instructions for beginner setup) and limited pitch via the controller from 10* to -3*. Later all i have to do is turn off the limits on the control and i'll have a great setup.

Everything should be balanced, all links in pairs the same length... etc.