Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Beginners be warned FP are not a very beginner friendly

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Beginners be warned FP are not a very beginner friendly

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Ge Force

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginners be warned FP are not a very beginner friendly

Ok a couple of months ago i brough a hummingbird v3 rtf, although i thought it wouldnt be easy it was WAY harder then what i could imagine i started to wonder how on earth could anyone control such a unstable/unpredictable rc vehicle after many hours of ajusting and flying and replacing parts i was fed up relizing even if i did master hovering i could never be able to fly it without putting all my efforts into it and decided to sell it on ebay, then after some research i decided to try my luck with the blade cx, after it arrived at the door i opened it , charge the battery , then i did my first flight , at first i thought it might be just a little bit less harder to fly buty to my amazment i was able to hover it like a pro hovers a raptor on my first try! i was amazed and started to do some forward flight, it was SOO much easier to handle and fly then the hummingbird, i am hooked, this is a dream come true and helicopter that just about ANYONE can fly , so a bit of advice to beginners get a blade cx if you are just getting started then upgrade to a CP of FP helicopter later, in my opinion the humming or any FP micro is not a good beginner helicopter they are very unstable and hard to control, i am very please with the blade cx and looking forward to many more flights!. I only wish i got the blade cx first instead of the hummingbird i would of been so much better off!
Old 02-08-2006, 11:13 AM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Beginners be warned FP are not a very beginner friendly

I would argue the Blade CX is not a "real" helicopter. I have flown one with one hand (throttle only). Now is it a good beginners machine? YES. Does it teach orientation? Yes (not inverted). Easy to fix? Yep. Would I ever suggest you start flying with a Hummingbird? No

BUT you are "missing out" on a lot fun with that helicopter once you get half-way good.

So the moral of the story... Don't think because you can fly a CX well you gonna jump on a Raptor 90 and be in your "comfort zone"
Old 02-08-2006, 03:27 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

The only thing flying a blade CX would prepare you for (if you intended to move up to a FP micro or CP micro) would be orientation. The reflexes needed to pilot single rotor helicopters isn't even remotely close. The blade CX will practically fly it's self.

FP and CP micros are harder, that's definately true, but they also make good trainers if you're patient.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Raylon

ORIGINAL: DebianDog
I would argue the Blade CX is not a "real" helicopter.
Sure it's. It has blades and flies. A "real" one? Real helicopters carry humans. Neither your Tiger or Raptor can carry humans.

ORIGINAL: DebianDog
Don't think because you can fly a CX well you gonna jump on a Raptor 90 and be in your "comfort zone"
Never flown one, but aren't 90's extremely stable? If you can master and hover in any orientation, I believe you can hover a 90. I went from CX to CP no problem. Little difficult at first, but I did that, and CP much more unstable than a 90/
Old 02-08-2006, 06:40 PM
chickenx5

why are you comparing a CP to a 90?!?! do you know what cp means
Old 02-09-2006, 08:01 AM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hovering a 90 is pretty easy if it is set up right. The problems will start when you start moving the sticks

Yes 90's are stable. Are they stable like a Coaxial Helicopter? NO A Raptor 90 also moves like 10X faster.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Butuz

Stick with it! If you learn to fly helis on a FP Micro - you will be able to fly ANY helicopter without a problem, from a Blade CX, to a Raptor 90.

Butuz