Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Tail Motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Shortymet55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail Motor

My tail motor (HB CP2) cant keep up with the main motor. Eventually, the heli starts spinning and the tial is too weak to counter the main motor. So, i changed the motor. No change. So, I looked at the 4-in-1. I kinda know but what exaclty does Gain and the other thing (cnat remeber it name please remind me.) do? I know one is like servo trims, but on the gyro, and what does the other do? Do it happen to make the motor speed up quicker? I dont want to mess with it yet. If not is a DD tail motor the only choice? Can someone read [link=http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t218932p1/]this[/link] and tell me if it will solve my issue. Thanks.

PS I use a 1300mAh battery, and the heli is 2 months old. Maybe 10 batteries through it. Noticed this issue after 5.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:57 AM
tnd2000

Default RE: Tail Motor

The other is proportional. Adjust one or both should fix your problem.
If you want to go for DD, there is a complete kit available for only a few $$$. No dremel + whatever required.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Shortymet55

Do you have a link, to the complete kit? Thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Shortymet55

Never Mind!!! I turned the gain all the way up, and now I throttle up and the heli jumps about 1.5 ft. into the air and is very stable. Unfortunatly im a beginner, so when it does this, i can barel control it. I enev broke my first blade! But it seems on videos the heli jumps up, so is this noraml?
Old 02-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Shortymet55

WOW!!! Ok so I went out again. After 1.5month of never getting in the air for more than 2 seconds. Anyway, Before i said it jumped up. Well it doesnt anymore. Its stable then goes up and requires little movement to keep it up. It just wanders around a little. Anyway my training gear was broken and on a simple landing, it broke into many pieces. I noticed all my landings were straight. So i went with no gear. MAN WAS IT AWESOME. I went from 2 second record, to 20 seconds today. I counted. And the best part is I didnt break anything after the blade, but that was with the landing gear. Anyways I LOVE TO FLY THIS THING. If anyone wants to get a heli, do then ull be mad and wished you never bought it like me, then one day you get the hang of it and itll be awesome.