Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Problems with Blade CP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Problems with Blade CP

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 03:18 PM
zulustypes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Blade CP

Well, I've been having many many problems hovering my CP.
I've flown my Blade CX for a while, and I dont expect the CP to be as easy but it seems like there is something wrong.
first, If I tilt the swashplate forward, should all 3 servos move? I only have movement with the 2 rear servos and maybe a really really slight movement of the front servo... should the movement be obvious on all 3?
second, when I get it to come off the ground, it seems to take off hessitantly and then suddendly it sprints off the ground and then it suddendly slamms down like if the pitch in the blades had changed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated since I'm trying to get comfortable with this chopper before I attempt to fly the mx400pro that I have sitting next to me.
thanks in advance!
Old 02-13-2006, 03:33 PM
chickenx5

Default RE: Problems with Blade CP

i think this is the sticky collective problem, they almost all have it, someone will post the fix for it.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:54 PM
zulustypes

Anyone care to explain the fix to the sticky collective?
Old 02-15-2006, 04:44 PM
OttoNP

Look at some of my past posts, but in all the situations I've seen the keyed piece that slides up and down on the main hub sticks a little when the copter is flying. It doesn't when the blades aren't turning. My solution is graphite like lubricant between the main hub and this piece. I've noticed at the LHS that the new Blade CPs have some kind of lubricant there, I'm pretty sure mine didn't come with that so apparantly the manufacturing has started to lube this spot. It looks like they are using some kind of silicon lubricant...