Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

HEELLLPP

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Monty97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEELLLPP

Ok. I upgraded to the brushless for my walkera 36. Since doing so it seems it has a mind of it's own. While hovering it will lose all control and the motor will not respond to the throttle control. Basically it keeps turning after the throttle is all the way down. The motor is still getting power i can hear it running. It has happened twice the 1st time no real damage, 2nd time was well "not good". Can anyone tell what is going on. I replaced the receiver about 2 weeks ago because of a similair incident. they are expensive so i can't keep doing that.i have checked all the setting on the radio and they are in the correct positions, all sliders are in a neutral position,batteries are fresh and the li-po is charged fully.I really need to get this lined out soon.Someone please help.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:42 AM
Charlie

Default RE: HEELLLPP

Sounds like you have a speed controller problem to me, is your ESC compatible for a brushless motor, how many amps is it? I'm not real familiar with electrics, but I pretty sure your ESC has to be compatible for a brushless motor and it has to have the right amps. If your motor draws more amps then your speed controller is capable of your going to have problems.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Monty97

Yes it is all compatible at least it is the motor and esc they recommend for the 36.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:48 AM
RCer22

I replaced the receiver about 2 weeks ago because of a similair incident.
When did you put this new motor in?
Did this problem happen before you changed the motor? Or did this start only after you put the new motor in?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Monty97

It has only gotten worse since the new motor. It happened once with the stock motor. But has happened twice in less than a week with the brushless.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:11 PM
hueyman
My Feedback: (2)

try sliding the throttle trim all the way down instead of keeping it in the middle position. if it happened with the stock rx/esc and motor and now with the external brushless esc and motor with a new reciever, it seems like the tx maybe causing the problem.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:18 AM
pischla

What motor and esc have you got?
Old 02-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Monty97

i have the 380s brushless i believe. It is the stock brushless from Walkera. The ESC is the one they recommend.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:18 AM
vannguyen_32

I had the same prob as well. I had tried 3 different ESC, new reciever and crystal set, but the same thing happen. It seems like loosing signal and the motor keeps spin for may be 1 second. The worse thing is that my elevator servo pull back too and made it badly damage. I believe the transmitter's making the mess. Still waiting for my JR XP6102 PCM set to get out of headach. Never trust Dragonfly radio....................