Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 04:20 AM
Pugz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help

Need help. I'm a newbie, purchased a walkera 36 w/brushless motor and 2200 mah battery to kill some time here in Iraq. The box said it was ready to fly, I crashed after 15 sec. All that broke was the blade and holders which i already ordered, the only problem is that the channels on the back of the transmitter are all screwed up thanks to a buddy of mine. I've tried to set it to the oringinal settings #5 to RT all the others to the left, now when i put the throttle up the rotor spins then goes blank and blades spin only when on very low throttle. Is there some gear stripped? How should I set up the transmitter? Due to my current location its hard to get parts and guidance so any other info will be welcomed!!! Thanks
Old 02-21-2006, 05:00 AM
vannguyen_32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Help

I'm not an heli expert. However, I do experience alot of crash and repair with my dragonfly 36. Now , the first thing I assume that when you increase the throttle, the main motor spin. Then check the contact of the main gear and motor pinion to see if it slip. then check the clutch on the main gear. to check this, try to turn the top gear where intact with the motor pinion clockwise. At the meantime, try to stop the bottom gear with your finger gently. If you can not stop the bottom gear, then the clutch is OK (If you can stop it, you need to buy the main gear set). Assume everything is OK up to now, Check the 2 hex screw underneath the main gear where they are for tighten the main shaft with the main gear. I believe these two small hex screw gets slip due to the main blade hitting something. Just tighten it up. Also when you get your heli fixed, if you find your heli vibrating alot unlike before, unassemble the main shaft and the screw of main blade holder ( the 5 cm long shaft across the main rotor. Check if they are bent. 1/2mm deflection is enough to make lots of vibration.

Good luck