Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

NEW to helis!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Confusedude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW to helis!!!

I want to buy a heli they look really cool but i dont know which one i want. i want one thats:

strong(can take a beating)
under $200
reliable
Brand name

ive been driveing boats, planes, and cars and i figured id try helis
Old 02-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Confusedude

Default RE: NEW to helis!!!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXLYZ9**&P=0 (Century Hummingbird v3 RTF w/Elite 6-Channel FM Radio)

i think i sold from hello is this one good?
Old 02-20-2006, 09:19 PM
makg

yea, thats a good one, i bought it and i can already hover and can do a little free flight, and i have only had 5 charges!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:06 AM
Espresso-Outfitters
Banned

I recently bought a blade CP entirely upon impulse, I only have rc airplanes under my belt but since the selection was utterly limited at my local hobby shop, opted to go for it with a chopper for a change of pace. The weather hasn't been nice enough to take it out for it's maiden "choosing a large field for that one" should I take another trip to those guys for training wheeles, or if I'm being conservative and keeping it off of the ground min 20 feet to get used to it conservative enough to not need them?

I gotta love the "real" radio it came with, that and the fact I didn't have to build it from scratch or a kit, it would still be in it's box if that were the case... I did power it up, man oh man, you gotta love the raw power, that and how you have all of these micro adjustments you can make in order to change flight characteristics, I'm speaking entirely from a guy just used to rc planes, so keep that statement in that context.