Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

beginner

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 02:53 PM
ahmoser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beginner

i am brand new at this and need help choosing either honeybee cp2 6 ch OR honeybee 4 4ch.

Also, a friend ordered and a walkera dragonfly 4 and he heard some bad things about it afterwards. What can he do if does not fly?

Thanks,
Ashley
Old 02-24-2006, 03:42 PM
chickenx5

Default RE: beginner

from what i have heard, the honeybee is a horrible first heli, its very difficult to fly for a begginer, i would stick with the blade cp or blade cx, but i would go with the blade cp
Old 02-24-2006, 04:03 PM
sparky814_hawk

The blade CP was my first heli. I love the thing. It is cheap to repair in a crash. Had to but a main gear, landing skids and chassis and it cost me $26 at the hobby store. The blades are a bit pricey to learn on but I have developed plastic blades for the CP that should be ready for sale sometime this coming week if all goes well.

www.putfile.com/sparky814_hawk

Take a look and see what you think. I do not know if these will fit the honeybee, but everything else fits so I am imagining these might as well. I have not had to retire a pair of my prototypes yet and it has been about 4 months so far. The stock blades were tested by a friend and he just recently crashed into his rain gutter at his house and was able to keep flying since the blades did not get destroyed!!!

Old 02-25-2006, 09:07 AM
helorookie

I too got a Blade CP as a first heli, and I love it. I had a few problems at first till I found the thread that bdavison set up to tell me how to make sure I had the setup right. I am now able to get it into a low hover, however I still am learning to control it more. I agree with sparky, it is rather cheap to fix, and most parts can be gotten easily. I hear the HB CP2 is exactly like the Blade CP, though in Iraq I haven't been able to verify that. But you would want a find a LHS that carries what you need so you will not have to have alot of down time to get parts like I do. If you choose a Blade, I would recommend getting the Blade CX if possible. I heard that it is a little better and more stable for learning on. There are alot of people on here who know better than I do, I only know from what I have experience on my own.

Good Luck in your choice, and good flying.

Helorookie
Old 02-28-2006, 02:16 PM
DEFLYER22

Go for the [link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/zoom.php?id=14]ESky Lama 2[/link], or Balde CX, or Hirobo RXB (very stable flying but expensive too) - they are beginner helicopters and easier to fly.