Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Noob with G3 practicing for MX-400 Pro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Noob with G3 practicing for MX-400 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 10:20 PM
AirBearMA
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob with G3 practicing for MX-400 Pro

I have an MX-400 Pro with a Spektrum radio and already have Realflight G3 with G2 add ons 2-5. I want to practice hovering on G3 in a manner that will be as similar to my MX-400 in order to have a better chance on a sucessful first flight.

So far, I have been using the Concept EP model from Add-on 4 and I'm starting to get comfortable hovering from all angles but need more work for head on hovering. Does anyone know if this simulation would be much easier or harder than what I should expect from the real heli and if so, what should I do with G3 to make the simulation better match the real world.

I know that Reflex is supposed to be a better flight simulator but I'm stuck with G3. Is my simulation good enough to help me solo???
Old 02-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Gorgok

Default RE: Noob with G3 practicing for MX-400 Pro

As many have said, simulators are both easier and harder.

I found the twitchy controls of my sim harder than the smooth controls of my first heli (my only heli at the moment). Also, the view and distance judging etc of the sim are much harder to relate to than a real heli.

However, i have no fear or inhibition of first tries or risky things in the sim, the real world has all that to make flying harder. Some refer to this as the pucker factor. Which is very appropriate.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:08 PM
AirBearMA
My Feedback: (1)

I definitely agree that real world flying will involve more *pucker factor*. I really want to increase my skill with the G3 sim so that I will be more confident in flying my MX. I just want to make sure that I'm working the sim at a degree of difficulty so that flying my MX might seem easier. Breaking parts on the sim is much easier on the wallet...lol
Old 02-27-2006, 05:35 PM
jh4db536
My Feedback: (2)

i flew g3 mx400 model at the AMA show. i crashed so many times just trying to putt around. i thought it was at least 2x harder than the real thing. also the simulated version has a cyclic like the trex, i thought the real thing was much softer.

of course, setting the heli up correctly is a requirement.