Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

beginner...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 05:46 PM
snorfargle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beginner...

I have never flown before and I'm interested in getting into helis. Is the [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLJH8&P=0]Venom Air Corps Night Ranger 3D RTF [/link] a good heli? Will I be able to learn on it? How much flight time will it get? If you couldn't tell, I really know nothing about helis so go easy on me when answering my noob questions! Thanks in advance for replies!
Old 03-05-2006, 08:07 PM
badazzbusa
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: beginner...

I don't know anything about that heli (I think it's fairly new). With a 650mah battery flight times will be short (8 to 10 min.). You would probably want to upgrade to Lipo batteries (they are alot lighter which is what you need in a micro heli). Then you would need a new charger, which means more money. If you are serious about helis, get a flight simulator and practice on that (crashes are free). Then when you want a heli check around and see what others in you area are flying. The Corona is a nice durable electric but a little more money. Also, make sure replacement parts are available for any heli you might choose.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:17 PM
johnnyf

that looks like a great heli but if you have never flown before you should get a heli with counter rotating blades like the bladecx - eflite-read the forums- they helped me a lot- if you try to fly you will crash like i did unless you teach yourself as in Radds School of flying-i am almost ready to fly and i have been practicing for 2 weeks with his examples-there are some problems with the blade cx but they are easy to overcome-mine flies great!!!!! i just flew too early without training
-hope u reply
Old 03-05-2006, 09:22 PM
shotdown

I agree with johnnyf....if you've never flown a heli before,you really should start with a counter rotating heli. If you like Venom helis,I suggest the Outback Rescue.It can take the punishment of newb mistakes such as hard landings...blade strikes...ect..ect..with very minimal $$$$$$$$damage.I'm speaking from experience,it's what I'm learning on now. It's alot of fun to fly and it will build confidence to step up to the Night Ranger.(check out "newb flying outback rescue"in member video's).It's my 4th flight with the outback.LOL[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Raylon

If you don't want to buy a Contra-rotating heli, get a good simulator and practice on that for a while. Then buy the Blade CP or Night Ranger. It's IMO the best way to go. You can learn to fly the Night Ranger without any experience or simulator time, but it will be enxt to impossible. Expecially since I hear the Night Ranger is a handful. The simulator is the best choice.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:20 PM
sparky814_hawk

The blade CP is a great beginner heli. Replacement parts are easy to get and cheap. It was my irst heli and I would not trade it for anything..... I will own one of them until they are no longer selling parts!!!