Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Servo wires

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 12:54 PM
MrModfi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo wires

Hello,

I was wondering about the wiring from the servos. Would there be any problem in shortening all the servo wires to length, instead of trying to bundle them up in an unsightly cluster under the receiver? (other then warranty)
Old 03-10-2006, 04:00 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo wires

Reliability.
If you can do it in such a way as to avoid 'iffy' connections, you will have a neat, clean ship.
Otherwise, you will have intermittent failures that will drive you crazy.
Vince
Old 03-10-2006, 04:48 PM
MrModfi

Vince,
I didn't think there would be any problem in doing this, and I do have an electronic back ground. I am also installing a Dean’s antenna as well, so I can eliminate the 39" of coiled antenna wire around the skid. I have used Dean’s antennas on my boats and cars with great luck. I noticed that most of these antennas are mounted horizontally. Anyone thought of mounting one vertically angled back on the tail fin?

Thanks,

MrModfi
Old 03-10-2006, 05:23 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, if you can do it well, then have at it! I am a hack trying to crimp new ends on servo wire. And my soldering skills are questionable on PCBs. So, I am out of luck on trying to shorten the wires from either end.
My brother did crimp new ends on his, making the wires exactly the right length. It looks so much better than mine. I bunch my wires up and put a mini rubber band around them (from my kids braces).
On the antenna, mine points out the back.
Vince
Old 03-10-2006, 06:58 PM
MrModfi

Vince,

I have to many hobbies for my own good, but fortunately the skills I have learned all interact. I also have a small machine shop for making or fixing my hobbies. I have attached a few photos of my new "Deans" antenna mount.

MrModfi
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53239.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	423774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17126.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	423775