Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Tips for Blade CP

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips for Blade CP

I am looking into buying the EFlite Blade CP and was wondering if there are any tips a rookie should do to this Heli besides the training gear?

Thanks
Old 03-12-2006, 08:52 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Tips for Blade CP

Well, the Blade CP is an excellent heil. I have two of them. I am new to helis too, but I would defenately buy a blade first and have fun with it before going to nitro as the replacement parts are cheaper. The only advice that I have is once you can hover it with the training gear, take them off as it flys much better without them. Also, buy about 4 sets of blades as you are going to smack it alot at first. Once the covering gets loose on the blades, you will have to use full power to even get it an inch off the ground. And fly it off pavement as grass will catch the skids and flip it resulting in a blade change.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:42 PM

I have a blade and I have learned to hover tail in pretty decent. I was trashing my blades even with the training gear on it ,A friend of mine who flies pretty good he told me that a guy he knew cut his blades off onehalf inch on each side to give better head speed. I had 3 sets of blades I had crashed up the ends so thinking they were trash anyway I took a inch off each blade and I have been able to Hover sense.I have carbon blades now and still have accidents but I have to say cutting my blades off helped more than anything and I used up my trashed blades.Just cut off with sissors and scotch tape the ends to keep the covering from peeling back.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Dustin Fedosa

I am looking into buying the EFlite Blade CP and was wondering if there are any tips a rookie should do to this Heli besides the training gear?

Thanks
Get couple mainblades and tail blades as spare parts, as you will damage that when you learn how to fly that. The Blade CP is good helicopter, you can also consider the HB esky cp2 too (cheaper) - [link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/zoom.php?id=10]check this esky cp 2 video[/link]