Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Banana Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 02:38 PM
LaserSVT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

wzak29 and noobflyer01

No, I am sorry I wasnt clear. They owe me nothing, it wasnt their fault that I crashed and I dont want anything for free or out of their pockett. I know its my fault and just wanted to buy parts for it. Pete makes a big deal over the fact that they offer tech support on what they sell. They dont, they have no clue about what the machine needs for replacement parts and the service was the worst.

Here let me explain. I bought the heli from Banana because Petes video is what sold me on the heli. I could have purchased it somewhere else and saved about $30 but since he sold me on it and I figured I would be buying all my replacement parts from them that they deserved my buisiness. First problem was I spoke to them to see if it came with the carbon fibre tail boom since the other place that was cheaper did include it. They told me it did but upon recieving the heli it did not, its aluminum. I ordered the heli on 9/14 and on 9/15 was told it would be delivered on 9/17. On 9/17 it didnt show up so I called them and couldnt get through so I used their online chat again and after 40 minutes was told that the heli went out on 9/17. On 9/18 UPS still showed only billing info was recieved. I called and waited on hold for an hour and finnaly got a guy that said it would be delivered on 9/22 and it went out that morning. On 9/21 I was told that it would be 9/23 before it was delivered and that it didnt leave in the AM, it was 5 PM before it left. So they lied, lied again, lied some more and then finnished it off ith a fourth lie.
Well I still gave them a chance and ordered a bunch of parts on 9/22 cause I knew I would wreck it. Then on 9/23 I got the heli and crashed it and broke the main gear. They didnt have the main gear (everyone is out) that I stripped but had heard that a T-rex gear would work. So I once again used their live chat and asked if a t-rex gear would work. It took over a half hour for her to come back and say yes it would. I said ok then I want to order one and if my order from the day before didnt go out yet then could she add it to the order. She said to give her the T-rex motors part number......? I said I neded the gear, not the motor and that I couldnt find their part number online and could she please help me in locating that number. She said she couldnt find it and I asked if they sold T-rex 450s to which she said she didnt know. So she asked Pete and came back 20 minutes latter to say they do sell the T-rex 450 and would I like to order one? ..... Again, I was still polite and said I just need the gear and if they sold any, regaurdless of brand, that would work for my helicopter (straight foreward tech question). She said to hold on and she would ask. She put me on hold for 20 minutes and came back with "We are now closed so call back tomorrow"
Their service is what my complaint was, no real tech supportat all! Couldnt answer a single question, lie to the questions they did answer and then after over anhour of holding and no answers they just dissconect me. That was bull **** andunnaceptable. I didnt want to post how bad their service was without giving Pete a chance to answer me on that and/or help. He didnt after a couple days sonow I am letting you all know what happened.

I am not asking for anything other then what they promised, tech support if I buy from them. Fortunatly you folks on here are very knowledgeable and helped me out to find the T-rex gear will work if I get the T-rex hub so I ordered them from a different shop.
ORIGINAL: wzak29

I don’t understand why you think banana hobby should pay for your poor flying skills? You broke it you pay to fix it. I bought a esky belt cp v2 from them and killed the head first time out so I bought another head.

LaserSVT
Old 09-25-2009, 03:59 PM
tjm5837

I got the blitz rc pitts biplane from BH.
http://www.bananahobby.com/1858.html
Love the plane its my favorite flyer. I was lucky to get it without any hassles or problems. Flew it for about 3 months extensively and flew it hard. Finally burned out the motor and ESC. BH has the spare parts listed, but I knew it would be taking a chance ordering from them. I have posted positive comments on BH in the past and I have not had a problem. Note: I only ordered from them once. After reading the forums and talking to friends in the hobby. I'm scared to do any more business with them. I ordered my parts from heads up r/c and got a 35A ESC and motor for 35 bucks+ 2bucks for shipping. The motor is at least twice as powerful as the motor that was in the plane and it was a direct bolt on part. the ESC came with all the connectors pre installed except for the bullet connectors which was an easy solder job since even the wires were pre stripped and pre tinned!
Anyways, I think I should add that the speed control in the plane was stated in the add to be a 25A but was only a 20A and who knows could have been a defective motor from the beginning too. But for what I paid (145.00 for reciever ready version), I would have been happy with just the airframe...great design and a great flyer.
Anyways, moral is I'm not going to order from BH again...too gun-shy. But if you need any parts, props servos ect. give heads up r/c a try. I will be doing a lot of business with them in the future. Super fast delivery too. and only 2 bucks for shipping!!

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/StoreFront

http://www.geocities.com/jefforyr/
Old 10-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Tuff21

Very depressing to hear about the numerous horror stories associated with Banana Hobby, I was considering buying a plane a 4CH Electric RC Warbird from them.

I keep seeing all these F4U Corsairs likethe Parkzone and the Art-tech, but they all haverotten paint schemes. Then I see Banana Hobby is selling a 4CH F4U-Corsair in the classicMajor. Pappy Boyington paint scheme, and now im scared to buy from them, this stinks, what ever happened to operating a business honestly and properly servingthe customer!

Here's theweb URL to look at it,http://www.bananahobby.com/1861.html, it guess thats the only safe thing you can do, is look at it.

I haven't seen a RC Boyington Corsair anywhere else, anyone know of a place to find one?
Old 10-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

You know it's too bad they are running things the way they are. I've lived in different states this year alone due to work. Each place the local flyers have talked about wanting to buy something from them and I just tell them to research it first. They usually come back and say thanks, let me buy you a beer. Their are a lot of others out there that have taken over a business or products with a bad rap and turned it around and made it work for many many people. If you say you're going to do something then do it or get the hell out of the business. It's just to bad someone they have dooped doesn't cross paths with them sometime. Just my 0.02..
Old 10-15-2009, 03:31 AM
wzak29
My Feedback: (1)

I bought my first heli from them, E-sky belt cp v2 about 3 months ago, it was delivered on time and in perfect condition. Been reading a lot about heli’s in different forums and came across many bad stories about them, and even though my experience with them was good, I will not buy from them again. I feel like I was just lucky to get every thing they promised, it is a shame they have many good deals.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:34 AM
dude7422

if you look at bh as having nice rc stuff your a frigen fool.. they do not carry any brand name stuff
just look at the radios they carry.. noobs stay away from bh you have enough problems being new
to hobby and dont need to compound the problems by buying from bh
Old 10-17-2009, 07:44 AM
dude7422

ORIGINAL: NICAPLANE

Hi guys do yourself a favor, do not buy anything from BANANA HOBBY. Last June 28<sup>th</sup> I was looking the internet and I cross with the web site for BANANA HOBBY. I looked the planes and I like the E2000 <ins datetime=''2009-09-24T14:18'' cite=''mailto:slal''> </ins>I saw that they have that plane on stock. Since 4<sup>th</sup> the July was approaching I decide that I will treat my self and I bought the plane. According whit the WEB cite the plane will take about 3 day to get here at the Bay area. So I ordered the plane about 1:00 AM on Thursday the 30<sup>th</sup>. Banana Hobby took the order and the send me an Automatic replay from the internet accepting the purchase and they send me a confirmation with the track number from UPS.

The week went by and the plane was suppose to arriver on Friday the 3er at the latest. The Friday the 3<sup>rd</sup> went by and the plane never arriver. So I said wells is for the July so maybe they are very busy, so the order will be here next week. Next week went by and the plane never arriver. I call on the 1800 number all the line were busy. I call on the local phone number impossible to get thru. Thursday the 9<sup>th </sup>impossible to get thru . So I remember that they have a live chat web. I when in the internet on my lunch hour and I spoke to Annie on the net and she said “SORRY BUT WE RAN OUT OF THE E2000†Ho!!!!!!!! I was so disappointed that I want to scream on the computer. So I told Annie why nobody have the decency to call me or let me know that they ran out the plane. I was waiting for whole week like an idiot. Ho boy I was furious. She told me that the please we arrive on their store on August 29<sup>th</sup> . I that time I was so disappointment that I just want to change the order for another equivalent plane. She told me that the Art-Tech F-18C was the same price and they have those in stock. So I told her that I want that, that I did not want to wait for the whole month. She sends me the plane as we spoke. I did not have the chance to assembly the plane because I work 6 days a week. When finally I have the time to assembly the plane was two weeks later. I put the plane together it looks great, it was not the ones that I like but it was better that nothing. The plane took me about 2 hrs. When all the parts were dry, I plug the batteryâ€only on way battery†the plane started to smoking from the brushless motor. Rapidly I unplugged that battery. I inspect the motor, looks ok, I checked the speed control, checks ok, not burning on the wires but the burning smelling was there. Something was cooked. I plug the battery back on and the motor verily turns, at that point, I was so mad. That I was ready to blow out the door.

Next day, I try to call Banana Hobby, same thing that before, impossible to get thru the phone. I went in to the internet I chat with another person and she said that she was sorry. But it was about lunch time there was nobody available at the time. That one of the TECHNICIAN will contact me. One day went by, two day and at the 3<sup>rd</sup> day I was so mad that I try to send then a fax try to get somebody attention. But not answer, I send and email to “PETE†not response. It is kind of funny, because when he do the previews, he said†IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION DROP ME AN EMAIL†at that point I did not want to drop an email I want to drop “xwqwqz†you guy can use the imagination.

I went back on the chat line I spoke with somebody else, she told me that she was sorry and on of the clown “TECHNICIAN WILL CONTACT ME†I am in September 24 and I have no hear from BANANA HOBBY RIP-OFF COMPANY.

The other day I was looking the YOUTUBE and my son told me Dad those are the people who rip you off and I said yap and that guy is Pete yapp.

I work on the retail business I do not know how those people stay in business.

BANANA HOBBY let me a bad test of what internet business could be. From now on I will to get my stuff thru my local hobby shop.

Can you image that BANANA HOBBY? The price that I paid for the plane was about $200.00 can you image to trust for more that $200.00 bucks.

I have a nice plane, but do not fly, the BANANA HOBBY was happy with my money

“THIS STORY IS SAD BUT TRUE, IT HAPPEN TO ME IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOUâ€

bh killed another one when when will people learn what i dont get is why has no one ever
went to pay him a vist in person
Old 10-17-2009, 02:23 PM
BEAR-AvHistory

ORIGINAL: Tuff21
I haven't seen a RC Boyington Corsair anywhere else, anyone know of a place to find one?
Couple of quick things on the Banana's F4U paint.

The the F4U "Lullabell" was a Savings Bonds promotion plane & not the one Boyington flew from Vella Lavella during 1943 with VMF-211..which was a ratty POS.

"Marines Dream" was an F4U-4 manufactured in 1945 & flown by Kenneth "Ken" Walsh VMF-222 during the battle of Okinawa. Walsh was also a MoH winner.

Like most things they do the Bananas screwed this one up too.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:49 PM
fly-on

hi everyone! was going to order the art-tech 450 shark from them, but now after hearing the kind of store they are , i'll pass on that.... can anybody tell me where i can order the 450 shark,cnc,carbon edition,can't seem to find it else where. or what would you reccomend in place of that-$400.00 range-would like belt drive ,carbon blades & cnc head assy,and tail thanks for all inputFly-on
Old 11-04-2009, 02:11 PM
high flyer 777

There's one on Ebay right now for $410 includes shipping.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:57 PM
polla2576

Yes ,I know Im not the first one to complain,but I hope if someone whos about to buy from them read this and the mayority of threads about them ,will think twice and will buy from another seller.

100% satisfaction is just a way of getting your trust,nothing more.They wont take your phone calls,their chat is good for you as long as you are not complaining with a problem and their promises are there just to sell.

I ordered 2 jets from them .They apear on stock and as advertised ,the jets where supossed to ship in 1 to 3 days.It took almost a month for the first jet to arrive and I still waiting for the second one.I know for sure their chat people lies to customers just to buy more time ,since I got several diferent versions of what was delaying the shipment.

After a first and last order I decided to file a dispute with my credit card and try to get my money back.I have to admit it ,all of the satisfaction bs promises got my trust and I regred I didnt do any research on them before placing my order.I just dont understand how after that many complains nothing has been done to take care of them or how they stay on bussiness.Probably they live of first time buyers like me .

This is just my personal opinion .After many transactions with diferent sellers ,and a bunch of luck since I stupidly not always check new sellers,I definitely say this is the worst people to buy from as far as RC bussiness goes.

Hope this saves at least one person a big headache and a few hundred buck.

I also hope non of the moderators close this thread like they did whith mine ,this is our only chance of warning the comunity about this kind of sellers.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:23 PM
DreamHeliProducts

Wow, this is incredible to think they (banana hobby) treats customers like this. We try SO hard to make sure all orders are correct & everyone is happy & all questions answered - I just can't imagine conducting business like banana hobby. How are they still in business?
Old 11-18-2009, 04:56 PM
fly-on

hi everyone, please feel free to ad me to your list of customers who got taken by the bad fruit (banana hobby )-i ordered a plane for my grand-son for up comming christmas. needless to say, no plane,no contact,no nothing. i'm pissed. I own a company and can't beleave the way these people conduct theirs.I would close my bussiness if i had to treat people this way to make a buck, I travel alot around the us, may next stop is going to be montrey calif to make a personal apearance to my good friends, I have already contacted my corp lawyer,also the bbb,along with consumer affairs.I don't plan on sitting back while this looser company flys away with my hard earn money,or my grand son's dream

Fly-on
Old 11-19-2009, 08:14 PM
LaserSVT

Yet another Banana Hobby SNAFU. I freakin hate that place! I had to order my main shaft bearings from them as nobody has the Shark 450 versions and the T-rex ones dont fit. So I have been waiting and finnaly the box shows up today. New head and tail gear are there but no main bearings, just a set of the older models tail boom mounts. Third time I ordered with them and the third time they messed up bad. I have been on hold waiting for help for over an hour now. I am still on hold as I type this.
Worst place in history to do buisiness with.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:14 PM
hed5150

6 months after my bad experience with BH, and  I read more and more negative experiences. How is this place still 
 in business? I am a master auto mechanic, and if iI treated my customers like BH does, I would'nt last a month' and my industry already has a bad reputation. Hey Pete, you stink, give it up!!! For the people whom have been discouraged from internet shopping, don't be, 95% of retailers on the web are decent and will fix any problem quickly, because the know 2 things;  1 -  customer satifaction is their #1 priority  2- if  customer satifation rating sucks people will create forums to bad mouth them! unfortuneatly Pete refuses to learn that lesson.  Moral of this story; Pete should have sent me the right product or sent me the sticker pack like i requested!!!!!! ( I ordered fa 18 jolly roger edf, got navy version, not that big of a deal, which is exactly my point, could have easily been fixed, so the other issues I had with the product  were'nt even worth my time trying to get resolved) AGAIN Pete you and BH stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 10:30 PM
LaserSVT

Well I was on internet hold for over one hour and even asked the lady if her next response after "I will be with you in a moment" will be "We are now closed" and dissconnect me like the last time. I called and after 20 minutes I got Ryan who has helped me before and seems to be knowledgeable. I told him the problem and he asked me to take a picture of the wrong part and email him it. Then he would mail me out the correct part if they did make a mistake. So I took a picture of the part with its wrong part number showing while it was sitting on the reciept with the part number I actually ordered and paid for. He said I could keep the old parts too. Whoopie! They are for the older model and the screw holes are in the wrong spots. Oh well, at least I got a few spare main rotor heads now. Their web site lists them as free and I was nice enough to point that out to them twice over 3 months ago. Its still listed as free so I ordered a couple more and sure enough there was no charge. Guess thats a bonus for the rest of their crap. LOL!

Their aluminum boom mounts are still listed as free too.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:12 PM
LaserSVT

So here it is two weeks latte and guess what? Still no main bearings and not even a shipping confirm email. No answers from Banana eaither.

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE WORTHLESS POS ASS HOLES!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:59 PM
mediclavina

The cool rc products being advertised by BananaHobby on Youtube are very tempting (at least to me). If not for threads like this warning us of the bad business practice of this online store, I would have fallen victim as well.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:52 PM
bad400

i have found the secret to banana hobby,
you must be rish with lawyer`s on retainer to get a good product. i know of two nascar driver`s that order all their plane`s from banana hobby and sware they have never recieved a bad product.
when i heard they were buying from banana i begain the story of banana`s crappy product`s,
they also went on to say that sense banana know`s who they are and think`s they will get publicity from these driver`s, they get a good product.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:58 PM
LaserSVT

Yet another week and still no parts. I called them on the 4th and was told some idiot was sick so they didnt do anything with my order. They had no intention of doing anything with my order eaither. I was informed it would go out 12/4/09 (yeah right) and they would send me the tracking number. A week latter and I still have no tracking number and no answers at the store.

I CANNOT SAY THIS ENOUGH, DO NOT BUY FROM BANANA! There has never been a company worse then them that I have ever delt with. I would rather buy parts from an ex-used car salesman that turned insurance salesman.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Condor060
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Fellas, I might have a little news that could help. I sent an e-mail to Starmax (in China) looking for another place to purchase the 90MM F18. This is the e-mail I received back.

I am posting this to help if you are having problems with Banana Hobby. I trust we will all be respectful to Mr. Chen in our collected efforts to overcome the BH problems. Remember, they are not BH, just the manufacture. He didn't have to answer my e-mail.

I know we have a lot of angry people (and I can't blame you) for what BH has done to this community but I thought we might try to inform Mr. Chen as too our problems to see if hecould provide aresolution. I can onlyimagine that he might notknow of these problems and maybe consider moving his products to another retailer if BH doesn't resolvethis.

After all, he hasplaced his product line exclusively in the hands of BH for the US and if he can’t sell them there, well who knows. I still like to think that most people are inherently good. Hopefully he is in the dark and will make a decision to protect his product line.

Mr Fred Culbertson
Thanks for your email.
But there just have Bananahobby in USA who sell our F-18C 90mm.
So you only could order from them only.
Why you don't like Bananahobby? There have many and many items from StarMax that selling in Bananahobby. So if you like our products, I could help you to contact boss of Bananahobby. Then you could order items easily!
2009-12-10
<hr align="left" size="2" width="122" style="width: 91.5pt" />
Best Wishes and Regards
Taft Chen Vice-President
StarMax Technology Industry Limited
Tel
: +86-755-29603705
Fax
: +86-755-27507263
:
[email protected]
Website
:
www.hawkwere.com
MSN
:
[email protected]
Gmail
:
[email protected]
Old 12-16-2009, 01:46 AM
starman62

Thanks for all this info guys, I was going to order a plane from bh today but found this site so ill look else where!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 01:14 PM
LaserSVT

So here is an update of their wonderful service. Mind you I was sent the wrong part and it took a week for them to say it would be straightened out. I was prommised 10 times it would be shipped over a 35 day period.

So this is how I spent my last hour:

*on hold for 30 minutes with banana hobby*
You are now chatting with 'matthew'. Thank you for waiting. May I have the last 5 digits of the order# if you have an order with us; If you do not have any order with us yet or need for help on other inquries, then how may I help you?

Bill: 66248

Bill: Just checking on my tracking number I think you have written down on your desk
*10 minutes*
Bill: Thats not good with the delay. If I were a betting man I would say your next response will be "Its schedualed to ship today"

matthew: i do apologize but my system is running slow.  I appreciate your patience.
*10 minutes*
matthew: one moment please while i read through the notes.
*10 minutes*
matthew: i do apologize about the delay.  i will be right with you.
*15 minutes*
Bill: You did say on Monday that if I spoke to you that you would have the tracking number written down on your desk to be able to give to me.

matthew: i do apologize about the delay.

matthew: i am checking the system for your information but it running very slow at the moment.

matthew: i will be right with you.

matthew: thank you for holding
*40 minutes*
Bill: Hey no problem. Its only been 40 minutes so far. Not like I am working or anything. Oh wait, I am at work.

matthew: 9101785091401321299378

matthew: trackign number.

Bill: Thats a USPS number.

matthew: that is correct.

Bill: Why do I get to pay for UPS and get USPS?

Bill: No way that part will show up before next week.

Bill: OK, heres another one. That number was just generated. So that meens it was eaither just shipped or its still sitting there.

matthew: that is correct your item just shipped.

Bill: What happened to it being shipped on Monday Matt? I ask because after being told it would be shipped so many times and it hasnt I assume it must be radio active and requires special clothing?

Bill: Why wasnt it shipped Monday when you said it would be shipped?

matthew: Because of the busy holiday season some items may take longer to ship out.

Bill: Right, Im sorry. I forgot. What was the excuse for last month, three weeks ago, two weeks ago and last week? Was all that BS because of the holidays too or does your company have some perverse love of screwing with people?

matthew: i do apologize about the inconvenience sir.

matthew: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Bill: Yeah, gonna need more then a hollow appology.

Bill: How about a shipping refund since I paid for faster service.

matthew: i sincerely apologize.  at this time we would not be able to issue a refund for the shipping charge.

Bill: No problem. I wasnt ever going to use your company ever again anyway. I will be posting all of these conversations on all the RC boards though as well as some larger sites.

Bill: Have a merry christmas

Old 12-16-2009, 07:10 PM
mediclavina

Man, that is horrible customer service! Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:18 AM
cap10b

Ok here goes
All the bad press and customer service issues aside My question is How does it fly.
Well I got the chance to find out.

A good friend of mine bought a Banana Hobbies A-10 (he is not net savy and didnt know there was anything wrong with the above mentioned customer service)

He got his A-10, slapped her together with all the needed equipment and in between the maiden flight on another plane he pulls this out and says FLY IT. Well I said OK here goes and we took off (All stock equipment as he does not know how to hopp up an electric)
I must say I was very empressed. We had a very severe cross wind that was 10-15 mph, I took off accross the runway with about 75ft of clearance. The little twin electric fans turned up and she skidded sidways a little and I pulled full elevator right at the edge of the asphalt and the little plane pitched up pretty as you please and took off and climbed straight with good authority.

The plane handled the wind nice she was rock steady and took very little trim, my friend said let her rip, meaning put the petal to the metal and do some high speed passes. Well the wing bowed considerable the fans wound up tight and she came across the runway
straight down the center line and the ailerons started to flutter. I backed off the power and the flutter stopped and we flew the rest at about 1/2 throttle.

Come time to land I lined her up with the runway pulled the throttle to about 1/4 and put the nose down and she came right on in rock steady, pulled the power off and pulled the nose level and she sat down on the runway pretty as you please.

Dont know if all the Cust Sat issues are worth it but man that was a fun plane to fly.

jds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.