Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Winter is coming, What is the best micro ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Winter is coming, What is the best micro ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:41 PM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winter is coming, What is the best micro ?

Well winter is rapidly approaching here in the north east and I wont be able to fly outside.
I’m thinking of getting a micro size Heli to get me through the winter. I’m looking for something that has full collective pitch and a belt (preferred )or gear driven tail.
Anyone with experience with micros that could tell me what they think is the best and worst?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2007, 09:15 PM
jaketrouble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Winter is coming, What is the best micro ?

why not try out [THE BUG] from ka-planes. it looks pretty cool. cost a bit so it must be alright.. i'm thinking about it..jake

[link=http://ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/776]http://ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/776[/link]
Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 PM
ea01bg

Not interested in planes, I'm looking for a micro heli. Something small enoough to Fly i a large room or in the garage. The Honey Bee King 2 looks like its about the right size and has belt driven tail.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:25 PM
USHobbySupply

HBK2 is a little bigger than a blade CP. Is that the size your looking for?
Old 10-21-2007, 06:58 AM
ea01bg

The blade cp's size would be better but I'm not sure the blade CP or CP pro is what I'm looking for. The Blade CP uses a tail motor and a 3 or 4 in 1 controler. I dont find that idea appealing. To really get what i want i would have to upgrade it to belt drive I've seen this kit somewhere and it was expensive.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:10 AM
FMB42

I "hover" a Blade CP and HBK2 in the 10' x 14' space in my garage during bad weather. The Blade CP gets about 12-15 hours of flight per tail motor and about 15-18 for the main motor. I do not fly either heli in the house due to the headspeeds that they produce.

The K2 with an upgrade BL motor/ESC and a 1250-1500mAh battery makes for a decent and stable heli. The Blade CP is also, IMO, a very good heli.